INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inserting songs into playlists  (Read 905 times)

j.schmidt

Inserting songs into playlists
« on: October 30, 2017, 12:55:47 am »

I am a new user but love most things with this software. However, I use it as a DJ to play music at dances and other events.

I have used iTunes for a long time, but the JRiver software is much better in many ways. However inserting songs into playlists is not what I expected and it is very important to me.

I build a playlist for specific event like Halloween and I often change my mind and want to rearrange the order. In iTunes I merely dropped the new file into the playlist or changed the order of songs in the playlists.  iTunes automatically resorts the order. With JRiver I have to click on the song I added or a song preceding it or it will not be recognized.

Is there a way to make JRiver sort changes to a playlist like iTunes does? I have looked everywhere for a solution.

I have recommended your software to everyone that wants to listen but this is a very important feature for me.

Help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Inserting songs into playlists
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 06:33:19 am »

Welcome to the forum.

You can drag and drop into the Playing Now list or any playlist.

You can right click on a track and choose the "other play options", then "add as next to play".

You can also use zones to manage two different lists and then switch between them with ctrl-t.
Pages: [1]   Go Up