INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading file info...stuck  (Read 1057 times)

mijolm

• nothing more to say...
Upgrading file info...stuck
« on: June 24, 2003, 01:06:48 pm »

Hi,

I recently updated from 8.0 to 9.0. It worked fine for a day. Today, when I started MC up, it said that it had to upgrade my library and re-analyze my files. (MC won't run until I say yes to this.) But, the upgrading process seems to get stuck (on file 106 of 388).  If I quit and start again, it gets stuck on the same file. Anyone seen this and know if this is fixable?  ?

Thanks.

Win XP Home; 512MB, 1Ghz;

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Upgrading file info...stuck
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 01:24:52 pm »

You may want to just start fresh and reimport.  Backup and remove the MC data files. (MC\Data\*.jmd)

If you can isolate the file that trips MC up, please send it to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces) and we'll try to get it fixed ASAP.

Thanks for helping!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mijolm

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 02:13:46 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion.
Here's what I've done since my post.

1.) Used system restore to go back to the point before upgrading. Reinstalled MC9. It ran fine after install. When I shut it down and restarted, I got the same problem. Also, when I imported my files into the library, for some reason all the auto playlist options disappeared. Weird.

2.) Read your post and tried your approach. I deleted all the files in the Data folder with the jmd extension. No luck. Same issue.  

3.) I de-installed the program and the reinstalled. It's running find now with all my files in the Media Library List.

Should I do something like backup up the library, or ? to try to get it from reproducing this error again after I shut it down?

Thanks.

mijolm

mijolm

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 06:30:11 pm »

Well. I reinstalled and then restarted and the problem SEEMS to have gone away. I'll be darned if I know exactly why. As long as it keeps working, however, I'm happy. :-)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 05:50:35 am »

Never underestimate Gremlins.

Anyway, glad to hear it's working now.  Let us know if it acts up again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up