INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing back DTS audio  (Read 1114 times)

BigAl

• Recent member
  • ...You wanna what???
Playing back DTS audio
« on: June 25, 2003, 05:24:54 am »

Anyone ripped DTS Audio CDs and been able to playback?  Using MAudio 2496 Audiophile card, S/PDIF out.  MC Playback Output is "Direct".   I've got a feeling it's a card setting not MC but thought I'd ask.  Have tried DSP studio off.  In all cases I just get static.  Help  ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playing back DTS audio
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 05:58:51 am »

You'll need to use ASIO output mode so Windows and the driver won't mangle the sound. (they resample, making the stream not bit-perfect)

Using ASIO (which is built into MC 9), everything should work.  Note that you'll need a good quality cable running from the computer to the amp -- we lost several hours to that when testing in-house.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 06:06:02 am »

I've done per Matt's note above, RME Digi96/8.  Just make sure you have the DTS processor.  Also, my card has a setting for non-audio, I think I had to use that or something like that to get the card to pass it clean.  Check that yours might have a similar scenario for "non-standard" audio streams.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

BigAl

• Recent member
  • ...You wanna what???
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 05:33:22 am »

Thanks Matt/Mike.  Switched to ASIO (needed channel offset of 2 to select S/PDIF out with the 2496 Audiophile) but also needed to disable replay gain to get DTS to work (standard audio was fine with gain on).  Ideally, I'd like gain on for everything but I guess it must mess with the output stream .

With a library of 4000+ songs and a range -20dB to +5dB it will take a while to see who wins in the trade off between a few DTS CDs versus constant finger on the volume control.  Regardless, I'll be sticking with ASIO - sounds great!

Mike - my card had a non-audio data type option but only worked in Audio mode.

Many thnaks   -Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up