INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very weird "Playing Now" error  (Read 1034 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Very weird "Playing Now" error
« on: June 20, 2003, 12:40:32 am »

I had some problems with NetRemote crashing MC (we're talking MC 9.0 177, not 9.1) when changing to one of the zones (my son's room). It gave the not so amusing C++ runtime error. Then I found the reason behind my problems: It turned out that the tracks in the playlist for that zone were in some way or other invalid!

When I clicked on play on the PC (directly in MC) I got the "Please select files to play" message. When I double clicked one of the files in Playing now, it started playing. No more crashes induced by NetRemote. Can anybody please tell me how this can happen? The main problem is of course that feedback to NetRemote crashes MC, but the underlying problem obviously was the tracks in Playing now being "invalid". Also, and I don't know if this is important or not, the tracks in Playing now were not put there by NetRemote, it was one of my son's playlists that he fires up with his IR remote, via Girder (basically a command that changes active zone to Kevin and then opens the M3U play list).

So can anybody give me a good answer on this? Or any answer?  8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JimD

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Very weird "Playing Now" error
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 12:41:51 pm »

I got the same error today when I upgraded to the same version, so I downgraded back and I do not have that error anymore, looks like it is a bug, I mean a feature :)

Jim

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 12:46:09 pm »

Aha, one of those bugs/features...  Now that's scary! ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JimD

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 01:43:19 pm »

Is this problem going to be looked into?  Kinda weird, it only happened when playing certain files, most played ok.  Thank god for system restore and a reinstall of MC9.0.105 sitting on my harddrive.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up