INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic list style?  (Read 920 times)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Automatic list style?
« on: June 25, 2003, 11:07:50 am »

What does the automatic list style?

I can't see the difference with the detailed style. Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks,

Polonio

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Automatic list style?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 11:23:04 am »

From help:

Automatic. If all files are images or videos, they will be displayed as thumbnails; otherwise the files are displayed in Details mode.

Details. This displays all of the fields with details about the tracks or images you are viewing. You can customize which fields are displayed by right clicking in the column headers.

Thumbnails. If you are playing audio files, this will display thumbnails of the cover art associated with the playing tracks. If you are playing images or videos, their thumbnails appear here.

Album Thumbnails. Similar to the previous format, except that it will only show the album cover art, rather than showing thumbnails for all individual tracks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 12:29:02 pm »

I apolagize for not looking help before asking.  :-[

Now, I see its meaning, but it does not seem much necessary to me. Since list style is in scheme basis and normally (?) a scheme contains audio or images, but not both. So for a concrete scheme, "automatic" wuold be the same as "Detailed" or "thumbnailed", so does not exist a real necesity to it.

I understand this is not an important issue, but it may cause some confusion to newbies (and not so newbies).

My petition is to put the "List style" menu in a very accesible and clear location. May be, in the new location bar (I have not been able to configure that).

Right now (9.1.205), as far as i know, it can only be placed in the top menu.

Regards,

Polonio

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 12:41:55 pm »

My petition is to put the "List style" menu in a very accesible and clear location.

List style is one of 8 default toolbar buttons.  It's also on the root of the right-click menu in any list.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 12:57:44 pm »

List style is one of 8 default toolbar buttons.  It's also on the root of the right-click menu in any list.

After installing 9.1.205, I don't see the "Bottom toolbar". Furthermore, the "Customize Menu Bar" only allows me to add more buttons into the "Top Toolbar" (not into Location Toolbar, or Bottom Toolbar).

I don't know if this is the supposed behavior.

Finally, it is not usual to put buttons and menus together, so I dislike how looks "List style" button in the menu toolbar...

May be I am missing something.

Just some thoughts.

Regards,

Polonio
Pages: [1]   Go Up