INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tagging field "description" needs to be prepared for full text search  (Read 1081 times)

epianist

• Recent member

Hello,
as long I do not use the search assistent for description search or the key word (desc=my searched expression) used for description I think MC 23 does NOT search in this tagging field. That means already filled info in description (file-based tagging) won´t be displayed even if the option in library settings for integrating this field in free text search is enabled.
Does somebody know why?. Thanks.
Best regards, Alex

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: tagging field "description" needs to be prepared for full text search
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 04:58:57 pm »

[Description] is a search field by default.  Double-check that what you're typing in actually matches the [Description] field.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

epianist

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:25:32 pm »

Hello, thanks for your quick answer. I´m sure that the search is working correctly as long as I put in the abbreviation desc=my searched string or by the help of the wizard with rules=Description contains my searched string BUT if I  simply put the same searched string directly in the search field there is no single proposal or answer. Generally speaking the problem is at searching that I do not know exactly if the search string is used in description or somewhere else so I would normally not use the prefix desc=.. The target is to use free text search... providing also results analyzing all description fields.. This is NOT the case on my machine... Thanks to checking this...
Best regards, A.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 03:21:35 pm »

Well it turns out the description field wasn't being searched.

It's marked to search in the Manage Library Fields section, but then since it's a large value type field, we just ignored it.

Next build will try this:
Changed: Fields marked for searching will be searched by default even if they're a large data type (like the description field).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

epianist

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 11:09:49 am »

Thank for your reply. Having appreciated that you attempt to solve it with the next version.. If there would be the risk for longer loading time of the search results feel free to advise the customer maybe to switch off this search field... Afterwards we expect the same processing time like now but for me this field is very important to search for ...
Best regards, Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up