INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - Seen any good shows lately?  (Read 1002 times)

PeterS

OT - Seen any good shows lately?
« on: June 25, 2003, 10:35:35 am »

Last night I saw Henry Rollins (Rollins Band performing the songs of Black Flag) at First Avenue here in Minneapolis. I am not a huge fan of Punk music, but this show blew me away. A super high energy affair with the crowd totally into the gig. It was about 110 degrees in the venue, so maybe that helped pump up the atmosphere and Rollins, a real character, was his usual intense self. I gave the show a 3 1/2 out of 5 on my personal scale. I am picky, so that's a high score.

These guys are on a world tour, so check them out if they come to your town.

http://21361.com

PeterS

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: OT - Seen any good shows lately?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 10:55:07 am »

Annie Lennox at Royce Hall on the UCLA campus.

I went on a spur of the moment as a friend had an extra ticket, so I wasn't that excited about it. I like her solo stuff ok, but am mostly a fan because of the first few Eurythmics albums. I have to say she blew me away, though. Live, her voice is every bit as stunning as it is on her records.

Rob

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 11:04:40 am »

The best show I have seen in years is 'Jerry Springer - The Opera': not strictly a music gig, but it is an opera - all parts (except Jerry) are sung, possibly a cast recording in the pipeline, and it sounds great. Not for children, or perhaps the religious. Without wanting to spoil it, its a bit like a 2 hour version of 'Springtime for Hitler' from the Producers. If you live in the UK, for heavens sake get yourself a ticket: at the National Theatre in London until September.

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 11:17:03 am »

And since May was a good  month for shows for me - I saw Bruce Springsteen at Crystal Palace. Not a fan at all, I only bought tickets cos its close to where I live, but I enjoyed it lots. You cannot fault him for effort - on at 1920, off at 2220, and in between 3 hours of giving it 100% with a really s**t-hot band. Im sure for Bruce fans there were plenty of classics, plus corkers from the new album, but pretty much all we recognised was 'Born to Run'. Nevertheless, if you get the chance Id recommend it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up