INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC, Stereo, and Wireless Network Playing Together w/Panel...  (Read 1570 times)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
PC, Stereo, and Wireless Network Playing Together w/Panel...
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:36:32 pm »

Hi all, I bought a new ASUS RT-AC86U router and am redoing my home network.

I have JRiver 23.0.82 and a nice PC with its own speakers running the network/sound system, and also have RCA cables running out of the motherboard going to a fairly dated, but decent, home stereo system in the other room. I have separate Zones set up - one to only play to the PC (basically the default), one to play only to the other room home stereo, and another to play to both. I used the Parametric EQ (under DSP Studio) to configure the "other room" and "play to both" Zones to swap/move motherboard audio channels around (this alone pays for JRiver!). The whole thing, once configured, is simple, and has worked great. I can play a game on the PC and simultaneously play JRiver audio to the home stereo all from the one PC.

I am trying to configure Panel, which is promising. I was using Gizmo, but we have androids, iphones, and a laptop, and users of different technical abilities.

Question:

Is there a way to make a Zone that plays over the wireless home network (or even the Internet after some port forwarding) to our phones that plays somewhat in sync with what's also playing on the PC and home stereo? I want to have a current smartphone (or perhaps older re-purposed smartphones) connected to the wireless network and playing JRiver to perhaps some Bluetooth speakers outside. When I walk back into the house the home stereo and PC (again, not on the wireless network) should be playing the same thing somewhat in sync with the phone. Bonus points if more than one smart phone at a time can be connected to this whole thing.

Ideally this would be controllable through Panel as yet another "Zone". Can this or something similar be done?

Thanks in advance!
BC
Pages: [1]   Go Up