INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to play a SACD ISO over DLNA as DSD?  (Read 2775 times)

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Is it possible to play a SACD ISO over DLNA as DSD?
« on: November 16, 2017, 07:42:49 am »

Hi I have struggled to get DSD playback over DLNA with JRiver as the server to work for ages.
I've been trying both my Oppo 205 and Pioneer SC-LX901 as renderers, both of which are capable of this, without success.

But I recently had a eureka moment when I managed to make this work once I had extracted the individual tracks from my SACD ISO as DSF files.

So my question is, do I need to extract all my SACD ISOs to DSF files or is there a way to make a SACD ISO playback as DSD over DLNA streaming?

Thanks

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Is it possible to play a SACD ISO over DLNA as DSD?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 05:59:16 pm »

So my question is, do I need to extract all my SACD ISOs to DSF files or is there a way to make a SACD ISO playback as DSD over DLNA streaming?

short answer : yes.

you can't push nor pull iso over DLNA with a "non-modded" oppo. Iso needs to be mounted first and whilst on a PC this is done either separately or silently in JRiver, over DLNA iso is a show stopper. DSF are by far the better alternative for DSD playback and even better dsf's are taggable.

CalJake

• Recent member
Re: Is it possible to play a SACD ISO over DLNA as DSD?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 08:48:10 pm »

I've never been able to do what you want to do either, for the reasons eddyshere mentions.  I've have an Oppo-103, so I rip the SACDs to dsf files using iso2dsd.  Usually works well, with occasionally issues with long file names.  As for playing the dsf files from MediaCenter to my Oppo, I occasionally have the annoyance where the playlist does not advance to the next song unless I reset everything.  Playlist looks fine, and I can many advance it to the next tune.  It just doesn't do it by itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up