INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems in the renaming, moving and copying window  (Read 1536 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Problems in the renaming, moving and copying window
« on: November 29, 2017, 11:18:59 am »

(iMac/High Sierra) Anyone else having problems when using the "Rename/Move & Copy Files function in version 23? When being in that window, and having made the changes I want to, it takes several attempts with expanding/diminishing the window (green dot) until I finally am able to see the options "OK", "Cancel" and "Help" at the bottom of the screen. Is this due to any settings, or with the program?

ugee

Re: Problems in the renaming, moving and copying window
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:45:34 pm »

The option windows behave oddly when you try to resize them - I believe this is a bug in the Mac version of MC.

Once you "miss" the lower part of such a window (rename, options) there are two things to try (an easy one and one a bit less so):

(1) You could double click on the title bar of the  window to enlarge it to the screens full size. This will force the window contents to be redrawn and all of its elements should be shown. Or alternatively you set the window to full screen (the maximize button in the title bar); while the MC main window does not allow this, it works for those extra windows.
It's not a perfect work around because you will probably not get the window back to its original small size.

(2) You delete the respective
Code: [Select]
Window Placement - entries in the
Code: [Select]
user.ini (you find this file in the Application Support folder of JRiver ...)
This resets window positions and you should see all content again.

Well, option (3) would be: JRiver takes care of it and does some code wizardry. Maybe they will.  8)

Maybe someone else has found yet another way and will let us know.  :)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Re: Problems in the renaming, moving and copying window
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 03:42:26 am »

Thanks. It is always a relief to find others struggling with the same problem. :-)
I'm in no hurry, so I guess I'll just sit down and wait for 3). Or make a try with 1).
Pages: [1]   Go Up