INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.204 beta  (Read 6661 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.204 beta
« on: June 23, 2003, 02:00:38 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:        

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):        

You will lose any saved view schemes from before 9.1.200 with this build.  This may happen again before the new architecture is finalized.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91204.exe

(backup your library before installing)      

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.        

History  

1. Fixed: If SilentImport command was used, MC would crash.
2. NEW: Media Scheduler will now automatically import recorded TV shows into MC.
3. NEW: Added new item (splitter) to MAINFRAME section of mega-me skins.
4. Changed: "Album Thumbnails" mode no longer breaks to individual tracks when there is only one album.
5. Fixed: Remote control "Power Off" didn't turn the computer all the way off on some systems.
6. Fixed: Numeric grouping view schemes (like decade) didn't work properly.
7. Fixed: Some 9.0 libraries would fail to be upgraded to a 9.1 library.
8. NEW: Text in player's display area is now fully customizable. (right-click)
9. Changed: Tree auto-expand is off by default.
10. Changed: Library is now browsable using the tree or panes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bennyd

• Project Leader
Re: Media Center 9.1.204 beta
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 02:08:14 pm »

Selecting playlists via search wizard is broken.
it shows Playlist: without a playlist next to it, altough there is one selected.

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 02:14:34 pm »

"Edit View Scheme" via the left pane doesn't do anything

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 02:17:14 pm »

Still liked the view scheme groups.
Especially in hairstyle, now I can't see the difference between audio, video & images (I have 2 times "Genre", for audio & video, in hairstyle I can't see the difference until I go a level deeper)

Flobalob

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 02:20:19 pm »

Thanks for giving us the tree back...

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 02:22:42 pm »

First Reported: 16/06/03  
5-10 second lag when playing first track.  This only happens with the first track after MC has started. Still there for music files.  Not for image playback  

First Reported: 16/06/03  
Clicking on taskbar icon does not minimize/restore. This is standard windows behaviour  

First Reported: 18/06/03  
There is no longer a button in props to apply changes.  You can click to a new item but this isn't as elegant as it was with a button

First reported: 23/06/03
Ststus: Open
List styles can no longer be changed in either tree view or panes view.  Stuck on automatic.

Thanks for fixing the bug with Record Sound.  However there is still along gap before it starts recording.  This was never present before...  Makes it difficult to know when sound is actually gonna start recording.

The tree/panes choice thing. Any chance of an option to turn the tree view off altogether?  Now I have used the panes I don't see any rason why I would need to use the tree at all and it just makes it look cluttered and a bit over complicated now having the pluses back there.  If you cannot do this I would understand but it would be nice to hvae the choice to turn it on or off.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 02:29:46 pm »

BUG -- Each time I open MC for the first time, and the File Info Properties pane is open, and showing the Extended properties ... I only see Album Artist,  Composer, Keywords, Lyrics, & Notes.  
BUT, when I minimize the properties pane and reopen it ... ALL of the Extended properties show up!

BUG -- Whan ADDing columns, if I add too Quickly (ight click and add a column before it has time to refresh the screen) ... it overwrites one of my existing columns with the new column

CONFIRM - "Edit View Scheme" via the left pane doesn't do anything -- DELETE DOESNT WORK EITHER
CONFIRM - Selecting playlists via search wizard is broken.

RFE -- Can you give me some way to move the Properties pan to the right side of the screen?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 02:32:15 pm »

CONFIRM: Edit view scheme does not work but not only that, any changes made to view schemes by right clicking the column do not show up either.  So there is currently no way to edit existing view schemes at all.
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Buckaroo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Deeds, not words.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 02:37:37 pm »

List style seems to be broken- MC seems to only display in Automatic mode.
Keeping the world safe for short SIGs

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2003, 02:46:41 pm »

The tree/panes choice thing. Any chance of an option to turn the tree view off altogether?  Now I have used the panes I don't see any rason why I would need to use the tree at all and it just makes it look cluttered and a bit over complicated now having the pluses back there.  If you cannot do this I would understand but it would be nice to hvae the choice to turn it on or off.

I vote for that.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2003, 02:46:57 pm »

I also thank you for giving us the tree view back.  I never felt too comfortable with the other method.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2003, 03:06:19 pm »

BUG: The Sound Recorder, when manually used, seems to lock up the system.  I'm not sure about using the Media Scheduler yet.

Media Center Registered 9.1.204 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1698 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 172 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-24102M         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2003, 03:06:37 pm »

Matt,

thanks for the customization of the display window! Unfortunately two pieces of information are some way missing: current zone and current library. As those are not fields, you might have to indroduce an extra variable for them!

I do not like the new parallel tree / pane presentation. It is rather confusing. It should be an either or choice,  selectable by the user. I like the new way, but sometimes it might be more appropriate to use the tree view, so I would prefer to switch on the fly.

Please give us some kind of roadmap where MC9 is heading to! What are the next steps?  What is kind of or short-term and middle-term goal?

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2003, 03:13:14 pm »

Bug:
the command "Save current view ( sorting, columns,etc) " don't work.

The option "Auto save sort changes" in Tree & View settings is enable
Made in Portugal

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2003, 03:17:20 pm »

3. NEW: Added new item (splitter) to MAINFRAME section of mega-me skins.

After a quick search...I could not find it in one of the skins or XML files ... Can you give some more information about the "splitter"?
Thanks!

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2003, 03:37:17 pm »

Wow.   ;D   Tree view is back!!  Thank you so much.

On the other hand, I agree with others.  Showing tree and panes is little ugly.  I appreciate if I could choose either of them.

Problems I reported in below is all open on 204.  Thanks.

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1055971488;start=0#11

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2003, 03:42:26 pm »

UPDATE: PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST - PROBLEM IS NOW RESOLVED  ::)
---------
I'm experiencing something weird with this build...

All of my Video Files (mpg) are playing in double speed.

I'm not sure what is going on with it....

Thanks,

Mark

Buckaroo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Deeds, not words.
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2003, 03:49:13 pm »

I can't seem to import any of my MP3s into this build. I get a 'The Paramiter is Incorrect' error.
Keeping the world safe for short SIGs

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2003, 04:17:10 pm »

Is there any chance that the tree view could be an option that be disabled?  I like the panes and it's the only thing I want to see.
Toast goes in the toaster.

JaWe

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2003, 04:22:45 pm »

I can't switch to Album thumbnail, or any other than automatic List style..

PS. I agree with previous post by Cerebus, tree view and panes both at the same time is not good idea!!!

LonWar

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2003, 04:33:33 pm »

When you changed a tag, the other version asked you to hit ok. That is now gone...

Please bring back,

Thanks,
-

LisaRCT

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2003, 05:15:17 pm »

When you changed a tag, the other version asked you to hit ok. That is now gone...

Please bring back,

Thanks,

Here Here!

gkerber

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2003, 05:40:55 pm »

The TREE is back.  I like the way the tree and panes work together.  Thanks...

BUG:  I cannot get any album thumbnails to show, it did work in previous versions of 9.1.

BUG:  I cannot delete ANY view schemes, not the ones there from the install or any that I created.

Media Center Registered 9.1.204 -- C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2543 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 702 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive K: CDWRITER IDE5224            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

RemyJ

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2003, 06:56:49 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: High
    The list style for the media library is locked at whatever it was when 204 was installed.  Playing Now seems not to be locked.

Switching libraries usually causes MC to crash

Can't edit or delete view schemes

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: Medium
    Can't import m3/mpl playlists.  The import dialog box comes reports 1 files scanned but 0 imported.  They play fine.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    Double clicking on entries in the view lists does a 'Play' removing the existing entries instead of respecting the setting in General, Behavior.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/17  Priority: High
    Changing view between details and thumbnails resets the selection listboxes to '<all>'.  In the case of location based views, the view is reseet to the root.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: High
    'Recently Playing Now's' are multiplying like rabbits and they confuse the drop target.  Update: They're not confusing the drop target anymore but they're still multiplying.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    If you rename a standard column the change isn't propogated to the new listbox column headers or selection menus.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    View Filter button doesn't save its state.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Flobalob

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2003, 10:00:44 pm »

there seems to be a pretty even split between panes and trees.
How about borrowing a windows idea and having an option for 'XP' type (panes) view or MC 'classic'.
Surely, that wouldn't be too hard to implement and everyone would be happy.
I am still running 9.0 on my main system and experimenting with 9.1 on my others.

5TillFree

• Recent member
  • Rock On!
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2003, 10:18:36 pm »

8. NEW: Text in player's display area is now fully customizable. (right-click)

Awesome!!

Thank You,  It's Great!

Where is the shuffle play option for playback? I think it should be right next to the Navigation buttons.

5TillFree.com
»» Select Windows Freeware ««
http://www.SelectFreeware.com

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2003, 10:29:40 pm »

2. NEW: Media Scheduler will now automatically import recorded TV shows into MC.

Only imports when MC is already open.

When MC is not open, it opens MC but does not import

NoCodeUK

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2003, 11:38:46 pm »

In terms of the tree/panes was wondeing if this could be implemented on a per view scheme basis.  If a view scheme is location based it could be set to appear in tree style else it appears in panes style.  View schemes like Places/People/Event just do not make sense in tree view.  Try using it in tree style it is ludicrous!  Per view scheme would solve all the problems and this way people coulld choose if they so wish to only have tree based schemes, only pane based schemes or a mixture of both...

Adam

nila

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2003, 12:05:16 am »

Couldn't find the splitter on the mainframe - not too sure what it is :(.

Players display area is not working with [date] or [date (year)]   - PLEASE give us a right click option or SOMETHING that gives us a full list of all fields so that we can add fields to this and all other areas that require us to type in information manually. - Expecting ANY beginner to remember [date (year)] is not going to happen and even just more basic fields is still pushing it.

10. Changed: Library is now browsable using the tree or panes.

I find it a lot messier now.
I'd like to be able to set tree or panes per view scheme - For some tree's are easier (location) and for others I prefer panes. Having both just makes it very messy. An option per view scheme:  Tree/Panes/Both would be ideal.

I'm BEGGING for view scheme groups to come back - They have NO down side for people who dont want them and only are a POSITIVE feature.

U've removed the 'add view scheme' node from the tree - this was an excellent feature addition in my opinion and to all the beginners I showed MC to they instantly realised the feature was available by it being there - it really lended a hand to all those not veteran MC users. I personally feel it should be put back - possibly with an option to remove it.

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2003, 12:27:24 am »

I'd like to weigh in on the tree vs. pane view. Initially, when the pane view was introduced, several asked for the tree/pane preference to be scheme based.

Now that both are globally available, I think it's more apparent that scheme based settings would make more sense. You can allow the user to specify defaults, let them change the view style, etc ... but the current style seems like it will intimidate new users more than feeling inviting and intuitive.

Just my .02c

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2003, 12:28:57 am »

This release is good.
and also getting back the tree list worth many thanks
but you have to find a way getting the code for non-pane reseting to all :)

for my self the new panes mode is better as an edit mode for tags. and the tree view is the best ( at least do not reset !)
Tamer

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2003, 04:48:25 am »

Hi Matt,

Bug: looks like list view is stuck in Automatic mode for both audio and images. Ctrl+U does not do anything.

9.1203 was Ok.

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2003, 05:16:39 am »

BUG: The scrollbars in the Artist and Genre panes disappear at times.

BUG: The mouse scrollwheel does nothing. This really needs to be implemented.

BUG: Switching the list style resets the selection panes to "All". It should leave them as they were but just change the list style for the current selection.

All of these were previously reported in the prior version.

Thanks,
AJ

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2003, 06:05:49 am »

Having used the panes now for a while, I despise the tree view.  I agree with whoever initially said (polonio?) that maybe this could be an option.  I'd like to see some sort of dropdown box that let's us select the view scheme (maybe two dropdown boxes side-by-side, where you select the media type from the first, i.e. Music, Pictures, Video, etc., and once you've selected the media type, then you select, from the second dropdown, the view scheme's that correspond to the media type you've already selected.

The treeview, to me, is exactly like the view panes, only presented slightly differently.  I just don't see how it does anything any differently than the panes do, and the panes seem (to me at least) to let me see and do more stuff more easily.

As said before, just my .02c.

Wobbley

nila

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2003, 06:51:04 am »

BUG

Width of the Tree/Properties pane resets itself each time MC is started and doesn't seem to remember the width we set it to :(

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2003, 07:06:51 am »

With one of the recent builds the ability to import shn files was added. I have checked the box in the import window, however it still does not seem to be importing these files.

V-Man

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2003, 07:33:15 am »

THREE CHEERS FOR MATT! Thanks for the returning tree-based browsing. I think it would be useful if the toolbar featured a button to toggle between tree-only and pane-only view. Probably won't have much else to say on this as I'm going to stick with 9.0.180 until 9.1 is closer to completion. Sorry, I know this is prolly the wrong thread.

Wobbley

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2003, 07:35:58 am »

I have a few requests/suggestions (forgive me if they are requested somewhere else, by someone else, in some other thread):

1. The bottom left pane ("File Properties", "Playlists", etc.) is only for displaying artwork.  The header bar of the pane would be "click-able".  By default, the header bar would read "Selected Item(s)" and would show the artwork (if exists) for the item selected on the right-hand side in the, for example, song listview.  If I click the header bar of the proposed Image pane, the header bar text changes to "Now Playing" and shows the artwork for the song that is currently playing.  Clicking (single-click) the header bar toggles between "Selected Item(s)" and "Now Playing".  If I double click the image in the Image pane, a new window opens, centered on the screen, showing the image in its full size.

2. In the view scheme panes, the "<all>" listing shows a count, so that in my "Artist" pane, the "<all>" listing would say "<all> (1024 Artists)".  Likewise for the "Album" pane (or any pane for that matter).  If I select an artist, say "Coldplay", then the "Album" pane would show "<all> (6 Albums)".

3. Get rid of the "Wizard..." icon to the left of the search box and include a small dropdown icon (a small, solid arrow pointing down) that, when clicked, shows a menu that has "Artist", "Album", "Title", "Genre", "Composer", etc. so that if I change the search box to "Artist", my search is limited to searching for artists based on what I type in the box, and the search box does not grow with the string length.  The search box would function on key stroke such that as I am typing, say "Col", the items listed are filtered as I type, based on the search type I have chosen from the search dropdown.

4. To the right of the search box, or in place of the wizard icon, have an icon that, when clicked, changes the view from the view scheme panes to a listing of all files.  This icon would toggle the view on a single click.

More to come...

Wobbley

Wobbley

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2003, 09:06:26 am »

Wobbley here again...

I've noticed this for a few builds now, and maybe this is inherent in the behavior, but if I select a group of songs and then set or change the rating (click the stars), all songs except the first one in the series are deselected after the rating change.  If I am trying to change tag info for a group of files, of which the rating is one of the things I want to change, i have to reselect all the songs again, or make sure that the rating is the last thing that I change.  I don't like this (but can live with it while other, more important things are changed).

Wobbley

Wobbley

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2003, 09:08:59 am »

Wobbley here yet again...

Would there be anyway that we could have an option, when right-clicking on a view scheme, to indicate that the view scheme is our default view scheme?  This would so that when Media Center loads, it will load with our default view scheme (or does this functionality already exist?).

Cheers ol' bean,

Wobbley

rocketsauce

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2003, 12:06:15 pm »

I have checked the box in the import window, however it still does not seem to be importing these files.

Have you downloaded the .shn input plugin? It doesn't appear to be included by default in the installation package.

Rob

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2003, 12:08:51 pm »

Have you downloaded the .shn input plugin? It doesn't appear to be included by default in the installation package.

Rob

Yes I have... I do not think that is related however as it is not even finding them then I do the import. I can play the files if I open the media file from the file window.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2003, 12:13:00 pm »

I think the main reason I like the panes is that they don't kick everything else off the screen like the trees do.  Click-and-scroll everytime I switch between Playing Now, Media Library, and Playlists gets tedious.  With the Panes, they all stay on the screen.  The re-addition of the trees undoes that benefit, so I agree with others on the need to opt out of trees.

Location does not work well with Panes.  I agree with others that you need trees to view Location.

I like the ability to see playlists in a pane.  Problems: Currently, if anything is selected in the Playlist pane, even <all>, the song list is filtered down to only songs that happen to be on some Playlist.  Also, you can't see individual playlists that are not in a playlist group.  You can't see any Smartlists either.  And switching between groups is a bit difficult now, having to click on Column Properties.

MC/MJ has always had a delay between selecting a node and updating the screen (at least with my library and PC).  There should be something that visually indicates that it's "thinking" as most apps do.

Trying to click and drag a Smartlist into a Playlist group without firmly "grabbing" it (where you get either a small gray box or a black circle with a line through it) freezes MC for a couple of minutes.

Placing the cursor on the bottom edge of the toolbar brings up tooltips for both the tool and the player window.  There are also spots to the right of the player window that brings up tooltips for either the position or the song, but I haven't bothered to figure out the logic.

I just discovered windowed mode for Properties with "Always on Top."  Wonderful.  Should be default IMO.  And since you can move the window wherever you want, perhaps this would satisfy those who want to see Properties on the right.  Can you make the window always on top of MC9, but not on top of all windows?

A lot of comments on the entire Properties section:
- The labels are confusing.  In windowed mode, the window is titled "Track Info."  Why not "Properties"?  
- "File Info" describes one of the five screens in Properties.  "File Info" also describes one of the six sections within File Info itself.
- Clicking on Properties will bring up the last viewed section.  If playlists were the last section viewed, clicking on Properties brings up Playlists, which will confuse the user who is looking for basic artist and name info.
- In windowed mode, you've got two X buttons to close it.
- You've got two ways of navigating through the five screens (the menu and the right/left arrows) right next to each other.  Confusing.  Please remove the right/left arrows.  
- The auto-hide is annoying.
- Should be black on white text like the rest of MC to be easier to read.
- The section titles within Properties need to be more distinct.  Bold, or maybe different color background
- If the entire left navigation pane is closed, selecting Properties for a song does nothing.

I wish you could remove all the right/left arrows in the program, including Properties, Visualizations and Playlists.  There's nothing telling you what variable you're changing before you change it.  All you see is the current value.  And there's already a short-cut menu.  And btw, the short-cut menu should be pop up with a right-click and not a left click.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up