INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Show dropdowns not auto populating  (Read 1267 times)

sbdallas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My only friend is a goat.
TV Show dropdowns not auto populating
« on: December 31, 2017, 07:51:24 pm »

Recently updated to 23.  I find that the dropdowns for tv shows do not populate properly.  In 21, pulling down the dropdown, I would see all of the series already in my library.  Now I get nothing.  My app is up to date.
Scott

I finally stopped drinking for good.
Now I drink for Evil.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Show dropdowns not auto populating
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 09:04:47 pm »

Is this what you mean?
(see attached image)
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sbdallas

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 07:53:20 am »

Yes.  Apparently the problem only exists when I have multiple videos in the window, and I have none highlighted.  Then I open the tag window on the left.  I expect the series dropdown to load and let me set all of the videos in the window, but it does not work.  Like this...

Scott

Now I drink for Evil.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 12:38:58 pm »

Tagging without selecting files is undefined action.  So I don't think this is a bug, but it is an inconsistency.  If you select Video or Image (instead of "Recently Imported") view and do not select any files, Tag will just tell you "no files are selected".  Perhaps that is what should happen in all views.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sbdallas

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 01:44:45 pm »

It worked in MC21 and is a sorta important feature to me.  I encode an entire season of a show and set the series and season for all videos at once, then set the episode numbers individually.  Further, currently, you can type in the series name and season and set all files with none selected.  The only thing that is not working is that the dropdowns do not auto populate.

I guess I can just select them all instead of selecting none...
Scott

Now I drink for Evil.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 04:39:59 pm »

There was a change some time back to stop all files being selected under certain circumstances when a view or Smartlist or something was opened, and they hadn't been explicitly selected by the user.

The reason for the change was that it wasn't obvious what had been selected, as it could have been files from a previous view, and so a user could end up tagging the wrong set of files without knowing it. That is my best memory of it anyway.

You could search through the Release Notes Summary if you wished. But I'm pretty sure what you are seeing is a deliberate change to stop an incorrect action happening.

So yes, specifically select the files you wish to tag. That is what I do for Series, Seasons, and Episodes of TV.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up