INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.203 beta  (Read 16409 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.203 beta
« on: June 19, 2003, 01:50:47 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:      

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):      

You will lose any saved view schemes from before 9.1.200 with this build.  This may happen again before the new architecture is finalized.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91203.exe

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.      

History

1. Changed: Updated numeric search syntax so [Track Number]=[3],[4] works like the old [Track Number]==3,=4
2. Fixed: Date based searches (and things built on top of searches like view schemes) didn't work.
3. Changed: Media Library panes taggable vs. browsing mode uses more obvious graphics.
4. Fixed: Scroll position would be lost when selecting an item in Media Library pane tagging mode.
5. Changed: Cover Art menu has "Store Internal" option. (menu is available from several places, including right-click and the image pane)
6. NEW: In image pane, tooltip displays status information about where the image(s) are stored.
7. Fixed: Files gathered from library panes (from right-click, etc.) weren't using the proper sort order.
8. Fixed: Media Library hard disk location schemes didn't work with UNC paths.
9. Fixed: Hard disk location schemes only show the folder icon if the item actually has children.
10. Fixed: Hard disk location schemes would show "Verve Pipe, etc." when selecting "Verve".
11. Fixed: The item "<click to add view>" would allow right-click delete.
12. Fixed: Library panes would enter "taggable" mode even for fields that weren't editable.
13. Changed: Tagging no longer clears a value when hitting the check box on non-list type fields.
14. Changed: Playlist browsing, renaming, tagging, etc. fully implemented in browser panes.
15. Changed: Template based calculated fields now work with brackets in the template.
16. NEW: Added an ability to use alignment and offsets to reposition items in mega-me skins' MAINFRAME section.
17. NEW: SHN format is added to the list of importable formats.
18. NEW: Calculated date fields (year, month, day) are now editable. (they accept string or number entry for months)
19. Fixed: Update playlist order did not work.
20. Fixed: Deleting files from MC could leave phantoms in playlists -- leading to crashes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 9.1.203 beta
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 02:25:47 pm »

18. NEW: Calculated date fields (year, month, day) are now editable. (they accept string or number entry for months)

Thanks, Matt or whoever did it!

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 02:29:18 pm »

16. NEW: Added an ability to use alignment and offsets to reposition items in mega-me skins' MAINFRAME section.

Any way to reposition the PROPERTIES pane to the right side again via the skin ? Im not seeing it in the .xml code.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 02:35:10 pm »

View Schemes based on playlists\smartlists aren't working anymore. The Playlist: part of the properties doesn't list the selected playlists.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 02:39:11 pm »

14. Changed: Playlist browsing, renaming, tagging, etc. fully implemented in browser panes.

What does this mean, exactly? I don't see any difference between now and how it was before...

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 02:44:24 pm »

First Reported: 16/06/03  
5-10 second lag when playing first track.  This only happens with the first track after MC has started. Still there for music files.  Not for image playback

First Reported: 16/06/03  
Clicking on taskbar icon does not minimize/restore. This is standard windows behaviour  

First Reported: 18/06/03  
There is no longer a button in props to apply changes.  You can click to a new item but this isn't as elegant as it was with a button

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 02:48:28 pm »

Whenever I try to move columns left or right in a View Scheme, MC jumps to a completely different View Scheme. When I click back to where I was, the column was moved successfully.

5TillFree

• Recent member
  • Rock On!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 03:04:02 pm »

Still having the same problem with ripping. This time I ripped some songs from CD let the rip complete, and then selected a few other songs from the same CD (left in tray) to rip but MC just hangs.  Exit MC and restart, all is OK again.

Prior post:
Trying to rip consecutive CD's hangs MC.  (Appears to be a problem with refreshing CD contents data?). After successfully ripping a CD, if another is placed in the tray and a rip is attempted it just hangs at "Initializing..." the 1st song. Attempts to "Cancel" do not work. MC isn't hung, just the Ripping function. (you can play other media, etc.). The only way to get out of the hung "CD Rip (Copy)" dialog is to shut down MC.  This has occured on 3 different CDROMs so I don't suspect hardware.
--------------

Again a few wishes:

1- Display full information (Artist, Album, Currently playing item) in the navigation area (white box above transport slider) The area is certainly large enough

2- Would be really cool if more than one visualization window could be displayed at a time (i.e. side by side)
»» Select Windows Freeware ««
http://www.SelectFreeware.com

Omni

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2003, 03:37:48 pm »

BUG:  Selecting ? in Rating pane yielded zero hits.  -- FIXED --

Thanks!

Omni

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2003, 04:00:38 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug, oversite, or feature, but neither of the two default Calendar views work--I get zero hits--since none of my tracks have any month or day info.

I can create a view that just uses Date (year), and all is fine.

(I rip all my music from CD's I personally own, so the only thing that ever gets added to the Date tag is simply the year.)

Anyway, this "bug" (if that's what it is) is trival, so I doubt I'll report it again.

Omni

Omni

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 04:07:56 pm »

Another trivial , cosmetic bug:

When there are no files in the view, the following is displayed in the status bar:

0 file (0 bytes - 0.0 minutes)

file should be files

rocketsauce

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2003, 04:45:40 pm »

3. Changed: Media Library panes taggable vs. browsing mode uses more obvious graphics.

So, once you select track(s) in the Track List pane and the view switches to tagging mode, how do you deselect those files if you want to go back to browsing mode?

I know that if there are just a few files in view in the Track list pane, you can just click in the empty space to deselect them. However, if there is a long list of files in the Track List pane, then there is no empty space to click.

Rob

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 05:10:09 pm »

4. Fixed: Scroll position would be lost when selecting an item in Media Library pane tagging mode.
5. Changed: Cover Art menu has "Store Internal" option. (menu is available from several places, including right-click and the image pane)
6. NEW: In image pane, tooltip displays status information about where the image(s) are stored.

Thanx Thanx Thanx :D
Tamer

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2003, 06:09:21 pm »

I've found the following issues.

BUG: In the Album/Artist/Genre view, selecting an album causes the scroll bars in the Artist & Genre panes to disappear.

BUG: When you drill-down to a specific groups of songs, for instance, in thumbnail view selecting album view or any other view causes the panes to be reset to all.

BUG: Scroll-wheel on mouse doesn't work.

Keep up the good work.

// AJ

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2003, 06:32:22 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    CD Burning still not working, gets to the end and when 'Writing Lead Out and Closing Session', then gets a Read Memory Protection Fault.  Interesting that the CD is still playable, but it is not identifiable.

[size=-2]Media Center Registered 9.1.203 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    Intel Pentium III 449 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 149 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HP       CD-Writer+ 8200    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
     Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
    [/size]
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

rocketsauce

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2003, 06:34:56 pm »

BUG: Scroll-wheel on mouse doesn't work.

You have to click somewhere in whichever pane you want to scroll.

Rob

RemyJ

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2003, 06:37:29 pm »

The top menubar center justifies making it hard to find for those of us who are used to a menu that's anchored to the top left of the frame. Update: OK, it looks like it's just the Z skin so I guess I can just fix it myself.

Double clicking on entries in the view lists does a 'Play' removing the existing entries instead of respecting the setting in General, Behavior.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/17  Priority: High
    In view schemes based on location, there's no indication in the list box as to whether there are any subdirectories.

View schemes based on location don't work with UNC path names. If you double click on the entry, it just shows <up> and <all>.

In view schemes based on location, selecting a directory name that is also the prefix of another directory shows tracks from both.  I.E.  Selecting the directory 'Verve' shows tracks from both 'Verve and 'Verve Pipe'.  Selecting 'Verve Pipe' shows tracks only for itself.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: High
    Attempting to delete the '<click to add view>' actually deletes the first real view scheme.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: High
    When you send a group of tracks to Playing Now from a view scheme they lose their sort order. Shuffle is not on.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/17  Priority: High
    Changing view between details and thumbnails resets the selection listboxes to '<all>'.  In the case of location based views, the view is reseet to the root.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: High
    'Recently Playing Now's' are multiplying like rabbits and they confuse the drop target.  Update: They're not confusing the drop target anymore but they're still multiplying.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    If you rename a standard column the change isn't propogated to the new listbox column headers or selection menus.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    View Filter button doesn't save its state.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Buckaroo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Deeds, not words.
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2003, 06:53:25 pm »

NEW: The 'Z' Skin is centering the menus along in the top manu bar.

NEW: The Artist info toolbar icon doesn't work.

FIXED: Not holding onto custom Media Library view settings (i.e. changing the Artist column to Album Artist (auto) resets to default on re-start).

OPEN: No longer allows the user to have different view settings when moving from top level Media Library view (currently set to Album Thumbnails on my system) to individual Artist/Album views (formerly set to Automatic).

FIXED: Library views sometimes 'sticky' (i.e. when moving from top-level navigation to a single album and then back again, the view will keep displaying only the single album's tracks).

OPEN: The Album Thumbnails list style has never dealt with multiple artist albums properly. I have all albums with multiple artists set to use the actual artist name under the Artist field, and set to 'various artists' under the Album Artist field. However, no matter what I do, the thumbnails will always display multiple artist albums sorted under whatever individual artist is closest to 'A' (i.e: the soundtrack to Lost Highway is sorted under 'Bowie, David' instead of 'Various Artists'). Again, this happens no matter how I sort the top level Media Library view (I have Album Artist set as my default top-level sorter).

SUGGESTION (OPEN): make sure that users can tab though the columns/panes and select anything (album, track, image) without having to use a mouse. I think with the new views, the ability to navigate *without* a mouse becomes even more important. I think that this is a critical area of improvement for us HTPC folks.

SUGGESTION (NEW): I'd like to be able to assign a specific view to the default view on open (e.g. my Album Artist (auto)/Album music view).

Also, I'd like to wholehartedly support the idea of letting the mouse choose the pane focus.
Keeping the world safe for short SIGs

hhuey

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2003, 07:09:45 pm »

Feature Request/Bug Report

When playing songs it be nice to have the option to have the image change too.

Pink Waters

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2003, 07:51:34 pm »

Ok guys ... if we wanted to stop and give a the real disadvantage in MC .. lets say:

A Common word ... Great But misses some kind of visual improvements!. like why having the ability to put a second bar bottons in the top.. and the big display in the top (and this is what i call it the player interface) and stick it with the explorer like media liberary(what i call it organization and music management) !..
i have an i dea of making a button in the player interface section that opens the organization ana music management section ... and transfear the mini-me skins system to a new system based on the player interface as a base of the mini-me skins!  ?

and by the way! matt, why don't you want MC to play the midi! ??!
Tamer

sraymond

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2003, 07:56:51 pm »

SUGGESTION (OPEN): make sure that users can tab though the columns/panes and select anything (album, track, image) without having to use a mouse. I think with the new views, the ability to navigate *without* a mouse becomes even more important. I think that this is a critical area of improvement for us HTPC folks.

Isn't this what Hairstyle is all about?  Admittedly, it seems that Hairstyle development is playing second (or third or fourth or... ) fiddle to tagging these days, but it's still made a lot of improvement since its early days.

Scott-

Pink Waters

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2003, 08:08:09 pm »

Yeah Scott, iam with you  :)
i think really the problem is based on a Ball in here! 8)

I think that this is a critical area of improvement for us Progrissive/acid/classic rock folks  8)
Tamer

rocketsauce

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2003, 08:51:32 pm »

• RE-OPENED - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: Medium
    When MC starts, parts of the UI get displayed, then there's a few second gap before the rest is drawn.

Rob

Omni

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2003, 08:56:51 pm »

BUG:  Create a new library (empty, not cloned), and after it is added to the list, try to load it.  MC will crash every time.  (Upon restarting, though, you are immediately asked to import media, and all is good in the world.)

BUG:  Whenever I try to switch between my original "Default" library and my new one, MC crashes.

BUG:  Clearing a library (via File-->Library menu) causes MC to crash.  (NOTE:  I said no when asked if I wanted to clear my database fields.  What exactly does that mean anyway?)

Omni

Buckaroo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Deeds, not words.
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2003, 09:35:36 pm »

Isn't this what Hairstyle is all about?  Admittedly, it seems that Hairstyle development is playing second (or third or fourth or... ) fiddle to tagging these days, but it's still made a lot of improvement since its early days.

Scott-

On the HTPC side, yes (although hairstyle still has a way to go) but for me it's also about general ease of use. When I'm on my laptop, I like to be able to do as much navigation with the keyboard as I can. I'd just like the ability to tab between each open pane, instead of just back and forth between the tree and the file list.

BTW, although I want (much) more out of hairstyle, I do use it as my primary HTPC interface, so obviously I like it overall. Guys- will you be focusing more on it in 9.1, or is a re-vamp more of a 9.2 thing?

jredders2

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2003, 09:51:11 pm »

BUG: Creataing a Date (year) column and setting the grouping to 10 only shows items with the year matching the first year in the group.

For example:
1960-1969 only shows albums from 1960

-John

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2003, 09:54:15 pm »

17. NEW: SHN format is added to the list of importable formats.

This doesn't seem to be working... it says That I must select the files to play... Or do I need some SHN pluggin?

Omni

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2003, 10:39:15 pm »

This doesn't seem to be working... it says That I must select the files to play... Or do I need some SHN pluggin?

I haven't tested this, but I imagine this means you can now import shorten files into the library, but actually playing them is a completely different, unrelated operation.  That will come later (maybe) when someone writes a plugin.

With them in your library, though, you can at least now convert them (using external codec) to something is supported... like APE!!!  ;D

Omni

Pink Waters

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2003, 11:14:06 pm »

Bug:
By Clicking 1 left click on the media liberary system in artist section or album or etc.. to make the editable box for renaming the entries.. you will find that pressing up/down arrows on the keyboard will not move the blue selecting color for the liberary, but in the tracks list i does!  :-/
Tamer

rocketsauce

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2003, 11:16:16 pm »

That will come later (maybe) when someone writes a plugin.

Someone has written a .shn plug-in. It doesn't look like it's included in the default download. It's available on the Input Plugins dowload page.

Rob

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2003, 01:12:26 am »

Hi Matt,

I'm back after about two weeks away from home and... MC has changed a lot !!
At first I said: what happened to my view schemes, they are all lost ! I'm now gradually getting used to the new view schemes and tagging system. It looks like a great improvement for organizing pictures.

It's a bit early for me to post bugs but, would it be possible to have the display of the current active library name somewhere ? (it was previously displayed in the title bar) It will help a lot guys like me with dozens of different libraries :)

Thanks,

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2003, 01:22:42 am »

Trying to rip consecutive CD's hangs MC.  (Appears to be a problem with refreshing CD contents data?). After successfully ripping a CD, if another is placed in the tray and a rip is attempted it just hangs at "Initializing..." the 1st song. Attempts to "Cancel" do not work. MC isn't hung, just the Ripping function. (you can play other media, etc.). The only way to get out of the hung "CD Rip (Copy)" dialog is to shut down MC.  This has occured on 3 different CDROMs so I don't suspect hardware.

I think this is almost exactly what I am suffering from. It's a pain because I can't rip more than one Cd without having to reboot my PC! I know John was looking into this, but I'm glad someone else has had the same problem! Can we get this sorted please, this is kinda major bug thats been there for about 10 releases.

Cheers

Vic

nila

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2003, 01:22:47 am »

Colum widths

These are all the same width.  I know it makes it clear but it also has draw backs. It would be nice if the columns would auto size to the width of the data in them.

I have several views where I've created the same field twice - once with a grouping level once without to speed up navigating the field.
It works great

Artist - A-C  - then Aaliya etc
the problem is that the A-C field is as wide as the artist field and on some of my more complex views this is causing the artist or album name to not fit while my grouping column has loads of excess space.

Try this view for instance::
Album Type/Date (year)/Artist (grouped 3)/Artist/Album (grouped 3)/album

It's a great view scheme to let me navigate the whole library quickly by artist or album name but the album names aren't fitting (1600x1200 res.) purely because the grouping columns are so wide.

Any chance of making them resize?

Also - any way of getting say:
Multiple Artist
Single Artist
without the extra 'complete' seperation?

View Scheme Groups
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us these back.
For those that dont want them they dont have to use them.
I want them!!! They're especially useful for hiding groups of views used just for tagging/maintenance etc.

please give us them back!!

Cindy_B

• Recent member
  • I love my Media Center!
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2003, 01:56:18 am »

Big Bug.   :-/

MC starts to crawl when working with mpg (video) files.
I click and wait, click and wait for every task.

My mp3 (audio files) work fine.

MC worked faster when my mpg files showed up under "audio" media type.   I'm slowly reimporting my large mpg collection to convert the media type from "audio" to "video" and have discovered this major flaw.
I've only converted 15 files and MC is choking with every key stroke.  

It looks like it's updating constantly with every click.

I have "Update tags when file info changes" un-checked.
Maybe this isn't working for video media types.

I believe this is a high priority bug.   Don't you?

Cindy.

Media Center Registered 9.1.203 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1406 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-104    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:2  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2003, 02:57:57 am »

Hard disk locations cannot be used for image view schemes. The Hard Disk Locations column just displays <all> which has no function. Note: Fixed by recreating the view scheme and specifying the root folder.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    The Month and Date are not read from images where the EXIF date is set to 2002:01:01 00:00:00. The Date(month) and Date(day) are both listed as unassigned. This date was set on a number of photos from a colleague's camera where he had changed the battery and forgot to set the clock. Update: MC9.1 incorrectly displays the EXIF date in the Format window as 2002 when other software correctly reports it as 2002:01:01 00:00:00.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    When you first view the Extended file info only Album Artist, Composer, Image File, Keywords, Lyrics and Notes are displayed. You can only get the other Extended fields to appear by changing the bottom left pane to a different view then back to File Info.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: High
    When you add a new value to a tag using the File Info pane, the top pane does not update to show that value. For example, I added Phil in the People field and this did not automatically appear in the People column. I had to switch to a different view scheme and go back to the original view scheme for the update to be displayed.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/17  Priority: Low
    I set the position of the divider between the top and bottom right hand panes under the Playing Now view. I then switch to Media Library and then back to Playing Now and find that the divider has moved up slightly on the screen.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2003, 04:46:46 am »

KnickelBug #1
The big display on top shows only "Name (Album)". I would expect "Artist - Name (Album)".  

KnickelBug #2
Renamed custom fields still are shown as "Custom 1", "Custom 2", "Custom 3" in the library pane "headlines".  

KnickelBug #3
I'm missing the "Properties" line in library panes right click menu ... "Edit" is nice, but not the same...

KnickelBug #4
At the moment "Album Thumbnails" are always sorted by the first track's artist name and then album name. So for many view schemes they appear not sorted but messed up. In general, they should be sorted for every view scheme like the "Details" view would be sorted.

KnickelBug #5
"TRACKINFO_INSERT_YEAR" does not return a value for the track info templates.

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2003, 05:37:43 am »

Bug: If a music file does not have a date and is imported into the Library, it is assigned a Year of 1899.

You can see this behavior by removing an music file that does not have a date from your library and then reimporting it. The Month and Day will remain blank, but the year becomes 1899.

ccullers

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2003, 08:40:31 am »

I am not sure if I am the only on getting this problem, but the load time adn the like draw time for the windows and what not is INCREDIBLY slow, It takes about 60 seconds to finish loading when I sstart up, and then it takes about 20 seconds for me to highlight from one item to the next . . . it did not do this last build, and I have a nice high speed computer so I don't think thats the issue . . . just thought I'd share and see if anyone else has this problem!

rocketsauce

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2003, 09:30:12 am »

would it be possible to have the display of the current active library name somewhere ? (it was previously displayed in the title bar)

Also, the currently selected zone used to be displayed in the title bar. It would be nice if that could be shown somewhere also.

Rob

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2003, 10:31:14 am »

Can you add a track list mode to playing now so we can see the queued songs? (Sometimes I queue songs from different albums... I'd like to see what I've queued and I can't see it looking in the album listings.)
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2003, 11:39:30 am »

User Definited Library Fields
You can't display square brackets.  Example:  I want to display '[Year] Album' but the formula '[[Date (year)]]
[Album]' does not work.  Is there some way to not interpolate the brackets?  Perhaps, '\[[Date (year)]\] [Album]'?  

Albums Starting on Wrong Track
When I double-click an album to start playing, it will sometimes start on a random track rather than the first one
regardless of sort order.  

HTTP Streaming
Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio
stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.
Toast goes in the toaster.

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2003, 11:40:56 am »

Media Center Registered 9.1.203 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1735 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 23 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: ATAPI    CD-R/RW 48X16      Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Bugs
1.      Visualization mode normal or less: characters are not readable.

2.      Volume slider will not respond to cntr- command if volume is above 84% (same as in 9.0.x). This problem only shows up using the ASIO interface.

3.      CDs created with MJ can t be played on a computer (buffering..), not with MJ or any other player (windows or linux), it was playable on an ordinary player! Analyzing the CD shows that always the first 2 block of the wavefile are bad. Skipping those will result in playing the CD. I created an AudioCD on the same hardware using RealOne without any problems!!! DataCDs will work OK. Using MC together with different hardware works out ok. The used burner is a BENQ 48-16-48.

4.      The Now playing info window randomly shows title (artist) or title (album) info. The album info seems to have the higher priority, so only when no album info is present, the artist is displayed. It should be selectable or vice versa.

5.      Interrupted  streaming files causing MC to lock up (ASIO interface) and continue to play the last frame over and over.

6.      Closing MC will loose playlist position and playlist

7.      On a low bite rate mp3 (64k) and ASIO interface, MC switches down to 22050 bit instead 44100. This is usually not supported by ASIO. Setting a fixed bit rate does not correct this.

Wishes

1.      All units should be expressed in db rather than %, since mixing linear and nonlinear units like db and % is very difficult to compare and last not least, db is the (professional) standard (eg. Peak level, volumne etc always appear as %)
2.      Volume slider should move in increments by db instead of %
3.      If  continuous mode and reshuffle is selected, I would like to have a reshuffle command thrown in after the last song starts, to prevent MJ to play the same sequence over and over again.
4.      During xfer to a device I would like have a ability to apply the replay gain value permanent to that file, since most devices do not support it.

Udo

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2003, 11:43:24 am »

Suggestion: Have MC only build the media specific view schemes when that media is in the library, so at least some library items are contained within them. Example - it took me a while to figure out that the Genre/Album/Calendar scheme only applied to video, and I have no video. The view scheme icons are good, but too small for me at least to realise what they mean.

Holden

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2003, 12:21:50 pm »

I find no evidence of the "Organization" section under playlists in this build. I had many instances of trying to play a file only to get the message to choose a file to play. If I removed that song from my library, then reimported it it would play fine. So I removed my whole library, then reimported them all (17445 files). Now I don't know whether the missing organization is the result of that or not.

I have many library backups and could restore the latest of those - done yesterday - but am hesitant to do that in case that's not the way to go.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Holden

Please ignore this request. I went ahead anyway and restored the latest library and all is well again. If there are any readers who don't make regular backups, please reconsider this and safe yourself a lot of potential grief.

Media Center Registered 9.1.203 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium 4 1494 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 204 MB
Resource Info: System - 29 %, GDI - 55 %, User - 29 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive H: MATSHITA CD-RW  CW-7586     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
...happy to be among such a great bunch of members. Holden

Cindy_B

• Recent member
  • I love my Media Center!
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2003, 12:55:56 pm »

Suggestion: Have MC only build the media specific view schemes when that media is in the library, so at least some library items are contained within them. Example - it took me a while to figure out that the Genre/Album/Calendar scheme only applied to video, and I have no video. The view scheme icons are good, but too small for me at least to realise what they mean.

I do have videos and I would like to see "Artist" as an option.  I have music videos that I sort by Artist and use a lot of same filters audio uses.  The view scheme from 202 worked fine for videos. Don't limit the filters for video please.

LisaRCT

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2003, 12:59:36 pm »

Bugs:

1- Right-click on files in windows, select "MediaCenter > Play" does not play the files as it used to.

2- Clicking the bar between the display pane and the playlist pane closes it, BUT when you click it again to re-open it completely takes focus covering the other pane rather than returning to where it had been.

jleerigby

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2003, 01:03:43 pm »

View Scheme Groups
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us these back.
For those that dont want them they dont have to use them.
I want them!!! They're especially useful for hiding groups of views used just for tagging/maintenance etc.

please give us them back!!

In agree whole heartedly.  On 9.0 I have 8 view schemes listed under a group called 'Tagging'.  This would look really messy if it were not grouped.  

I also have quite a lot of groups with view schemes based on preference e.g.
Group name = Rock by preference (genre=rock or hard rock or heavy metal etc)
View scheme1 = Fair+ (Preference=fair or good or very good or excellant)
View scheme2 = Good+ (Preference=good or very good or excellant)
View scheme3 = Very Good+ (you get the idea...)

I use the same idea for other groups e.g. Group = By Decade would have the same schemes attached.

How would this be possible without View Scheme Groups?  It would be a complete nightmare!

Pink Waters

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2003, 03:36:05 pm »

Iam Just Wondering .. !
is there anything to do to link the new media lib tagging system with playing now window to use the new system in tagging none-imported files in the playing now window ?
Tamer

Buckaroo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Deeds, not words.
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2003, 04:00:30 pm »

In agree whole heartedly.  On 9.0 I have 8 view schemes listed under a group called 'Tagging'.  This would look really messy if it were not grouped.  

I also have quite a lot of groups with view schemes based on preference e.g.
Group name = Rock by preference (genre=rock or hard rock or heavy metal etc)
View scheme1 = Fair+ (Preference=fair or good or very good or excellant)
View scheme2 = Good+ (Preference=good or very good or excellant)
View scheme3 = Very Good+ (you get the idea...)

I use the same idea for other groups e.g. Group = By Decade would have the same schemes attached.

How would this be possible without View Scheme Groups?  It would be a complete nightmare!

I believe that you can use smartlists for such things. I have revently moved over to smartlists for a few similar lists, to minimize the number of view schemes in my media library.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2003, 04:39:09 pm »

When will the media server TiVo HMO be in-line with the new view scheme layout ... currently there are four default views ... I'd like to see my custom views :)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up