INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 23.0.89 -- Available Here  (Read 6205 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 23.0.89 -- Available Here
« on: December 07, 2017, 08:20:36 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 23.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download standard build
32-bit: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230089.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64 bit build
64-bit: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230089-x64.exe (only works on 64 bit Windows systems)

23.0.89 (12/6/2017)

1. Fixed: Views with complicated expressions to group by didn't evaluate properly.

23.0.88 (12/6/2017)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.33.
2. Changed: If the articles ..., (, ¡, or … are added to the article list, there won't have to be a space after them for them to get ignored.
3. Fixed: Media Center could possibly crash when showing television views in recent builds.
4. NEW: Added the smartlist rule "Only matches of" that will find files that have matching artists and albums (for example).
5. NEW: Added the smartlist rule "Only differences of" the will find files with different values in the selected fields.
6. Changed: Added the command "Build Missing Thumbnails..." to the Tools > Advanced Tools menu.
7. Changed: Panel - Changed the default number of items per page from 50 to 200.
8. Changed: Panel - Paginated pages are now pushed to the history so the back button won't ignore them.
9. Fixed: Panel - Panel was redirecting all connections to use port 52199, breaking Panel if a different port was set.
10. Fixed: Panel - When changing pages in folder views, the page was not returning to the top.

23.0.87 (12/4/2017)

1. Changed: Made the option to not translate hot keys when running as Media Server actually unregister the program for hot keys so hopefully it won't catch them anymore (before it would catch them but not translate them).
2. NEW: WIA devices (scanners) show up under Action Window > Camera in the device list.
3. Changed: The computer no longer goes to deep sleep while it's serving DLNA files.
4. NEW: Added the zone ID and index to the tooltip for Playing Now zones.
5. Changed: DLNA: Some devices were slow responding, especially to the SetAVTransportURI function. Made the timeout for these longer than the default. Was resulting in "Something went wrong with playback" errors. Added logging for this as well.
6. NEW: Added the device address to the tooltip for remote zones.

23.0.86 (12/1/2017)

1. NEW: Individual playlists can be added to Theater View navigation (Options > Theater View > Items to Show).
2. Changed: DLNA, reduce number of calls for status when the device (zone) being displayed is not being actively controlled by MC.
3. Changed: DLNA, reduce number of getvolume and getmute calls whenever a device (zone) is being displayed or controlled.
4. NEW: DLNA, when a device fails to support setNextAVTransportURI, it will be automatically set to disabled in the DLNA controller options for that zone.
5. NEW: The expanded states of playlists in the tag window are saved between file selections and opens of the tag window.
6. NEW: Added the option to not translate hot keys when running as Media Server (Options > General > Advanced).
7. NEW: Added the ability to add a stop command to the Scheduler.
8. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.32.
9. NEW: Added the choice of Playing Now to the play command in the scheduler to start playback of whatever is in Playing Now.
10. Fixed: Right-click on a playlist and picking Export Playlist didn't switch the view to that playlist so it could fail to export or even export the wrong playlist.
11. NEW: Added a "Recording Conflicts" column to television Standard view EPG for to be recorded entries.  The column is available in "All Programs", "Favorites", and "To Be Recorded".  Users need to opt to show the column.
12. Fixed: DLNA when the option was added to allow the formats to be specified for conversion in the DLNA server Audio settings, there wasn't a default value so nothing was getting converted. This won't fix existing installations, the formats will need to be selected on them but new installations will work as previously intended.
13. Fixed: MC could not read metadata tags in some WAVE files in recent builds.

23.0.85 (11/27/2017)

1. Fixed: If Chromium was selected as the MC browser and it hadn't been installed or it needed an update, when MC's web browser was started up it would freeze the main thread for a long period of time.  Now it shows a popup status message with a Cancel button.
2. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
3. Fixed: Right-click on Track Info pages didn't work if Chromium was the engine.
4. Fixed: When you started up and played a file with Volume Protection enabled, it wouldn't always switch the volume to 20%.
5. Change: Television engine internal re-organization.

23.0.84 (11/21/2017)

1. NEW: The confirmation message box in "Clean up time-shifting folders" tool has a "Yes, and apply to all remaining x folders as well" button, so that one can clean up all remaining folders without additional confirmation.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.30.
4. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
5. Fixed: Recent versions weren't playing some APE files.
6. Changed: When TV time-shifting needs to jump forward due to channel changing, the process is serialized to prevent multiple threads from doing the same thing simultaneously.
7. Fixed: Sat>IP TV recording could not be done in TS format.
8. Fixed: TV recording folder names could be messed up (causing the folder not being able to be deleted) for shows whose names end with ellipsis (three consecutive '.').

23.0.83 (11/16/2017)

1. Fixed: The right-hand column of the tag window would be too small to read any values when MC's tree view was set to a narrow size.
2. Fixed: DLNA server, the cover art update from 23.0.81 missed sending the smallest thumbnail size.
3. NEW: DLNA renderer selects the largest cover art image regardless of the order it's provided in.
4. Changed: Fields marked for searching will be searched by default even if they're a large data type (like the description field).
5. Changed: Removed the check for empty when setting a field to a value on import so that empty is a perfectly acceptable value.
6. Changed: OTA EPG scanning (ATSC and DVB) will skip channels that have XMLTV ID's if the option "In over-the-air EPG scan, save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" is set.
7. Changed: Setting the Filename (path) field with an import rule will fix the directory path (add a slash at the end) so that the path cleaning functions that remove directories with dots, etc. run.
8. Changed: The expression customization (like in the player area display) allows using the variable [Library.Path] to show the path of the current library.
9. NEW: You can customize the number of thumbnail text lines (and then we'll wrap instead of truncate) by picking "Thumbnail Text Lines" from the view header menu.
10. Fixed: YouTube searching in Theater View wasn't working.
11. Fixed: The options icons wouldn't resize properly when a scale of the entire program was selected.
12. NEW: Panel - Panel will display cover art or thumbnail when playing to a zone other than the browser, .
13. Fixed: Panel - Playback information was not updating when playing to the Player zone.

23.0.82 (11/13/2017)

1. Changed: Marked the "Recent Playing Now's" playlist name for translation.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.27.
3. NEW: Panel - Authentication is fully implemented.
4. NEW: Panel - Added audio and video quality options to settings. The default for both is High.
5. NEW: Panel - Last played and play count are now updated in Media Center for audio and video once the progress is at least half way through the file, and for images after the image is loaded.
6. Changed: Panel - Adjusted the Playing Now Bar to use space a bit better in some cases.
7. Changed: Panel - Removed the Playing Now playlist count from the Playing Now Bar.
8. Changed: Panel - Audio file lists display the track name and track artist on separate lines and the track album was removed.
9. Changed: Panel - Adjusted audio cover art to not take up as much space in some cases.
10. Fixed: Doing a Send To on a linked zone wouldn't play to the entire link.
11. NEW: The search on the options box accepts a page name before an arrow to search just a certain page (ie. Audio > Device will search only the audio branch instead of hitting anyplace that has Device).
12. Fixed: Searching in options wouldn't work right if you backspaced to remove characters.
13. Changed: Hidden channels are excluded from OTA EPG scans.
14. NEW: Added Medium and Large cover art to the sizes offered by our DLNA servers.
15. Changed: Enabled support for Handheld devices which expose a drive letter in Media Center 64-bit (ie. USB thumb drives, portable music players or phones with a single storage volume).
16. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).

23.0.81 (11/7/2017)

1. Changed: Marked the "Imported Playlists" playlist for translation but no longer translate the actual name (so it should be the same across all languages).
2. Fixed: MC was not able to play WAV files with an "RF64" root chunk ID (Broadcast WAVE Format extension).
3. NEW: A per-device option to disable VideoClock when running television tuners/video capture devices in non-time-shifting mode.
4. Changed: Updated the Chromium Web Engine to the latest version, and enabled it for 64-bit Media Center.
5. Fixed: The JRiver WDM driver could crash and cause a BSOD when used in WASAPI mode.

23.0.80 (11/1/2017)

1. Fixed: The horizontal and vertical positioning on the on screen display wasn't working with the 2D image viewer.
2. Changed: Trying to mark the Car Radio playlist group name for translation so it will show translated, but still use the same copy for any language.
3. Fixed: The Analyze Audio tool wouldn't remember the window position.
4. Changed: Included updated German translation file. (thanks to ByteStar)
5. Changed: When "Clean up existing television channels" is selected during television setup, the EPG scheduled loading will be reset to "no load".
6. Fixed: Picking random sorting for an album view could break the view if it contained linked tracks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
Re: JRiver Media Center 23.0.89 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 04:35:10 am »

In this build my Categories (I think they're called) - lists of Artists, Genres, Ratings etc at the top of the columns in Standard View of my music files are still not displaying. Looking at Customize View the categories are correctly shown but are not showing sadly. I've tried deleting / re-adding them in Customize View but no success.

Fingerling

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 09:07:38 am »

Panel with SSL is back, thanks. The only thing that has changed for me is the Firefox invalid certificate alert (have to set an exception).

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 12:53:54 pm »

1. Fixed: Views with complicated expressions to group by didn't evaluate properly.

Thanks, now working nicely.

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 04:23:36 pm »

This update solved a number of my issues with Theater View and Panel in one fell swoop. Thanks.

New problem: When I touch an item in Panel on my phone, instead of opening the item, the current page often just jumps back to the top. Happens sometimes when I'm trying to scroll, too; instead of continuing down the page, I'm suddenly back at the top. Using Chrome for Android.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 06:34:51 am »

Exporting Playlist seems to be broken. Clicking it takes me to the "Playlists Info" page - nothing exported at all.

Fingerling

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 03:09:18 am »

I don't really know if this can be related, but since I updated to 23.0.89 I'm experiencing random audio video desync (no DSP, no change whatsoever).

drc

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 01:18:35 pm »

did not see the following smartlists changes in the recent update:

4. NEW: Added the smartlists rule "Only matches of" that will find files that have matching artists and albums (for example).
5. NEW: Added the smartlists rule "Only differences of" the will find files with different values in the selected fields.

Thanks

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 10:24:36 am »

I must apologize for a False Alarm about my Categories going missing. I've found them - they were so compressed as to be invisible - I've now adjusted the height of the columns so I can see them all fine. I'm sorry about this.

However the Export Playlist function really does seem to be broken.

Fingerling

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 10:39:29 am »

I don't really know if this can be related, but since I updated to 23.0.89 I'm experiencing random audio video desync (no DSP, no change whatsoever).

Re-enable VideoClock seems to have fixed the random desyncs

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 02:24:42 pm »

Yep, same here. I am glad Panel now properly connects via SSL once again, but I see exactly the same issue on Android (via both Chrome and Firefox).

New problem: When I touch an item in Panel on my phone, instead of opening the item, the current page often just jumps back to the top. Happens sometimes when I'm trying to scroll, too; instead of continuing down the page, I'm suddenly back at the top. Using Chrome for Android.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 09:42:03 am »

F6 RMC issue:
Its not important but somehow confusing
When I use the rename - move - copy tool - and nothing is checked I get a tagging error when I press OK - see pics.

Wake up and slow down 😴

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 09:59:05 am »

F6 RMC issue:
Its not important but somehow confusing
When I use the rename - move - copy tool - and nothing is checked I get a tagging error when I press OK - see pics.

Good find.

Coming next build:
Fixed: Doing a Rename, Move, & Copy Files with no boxes checked on a file would make the program show a tagging error message.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up