INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different folders for each recording rule?  (Read 3742 times)

dreamreamer

• Recent member
Different folders for each recording rule?
« on: December 16, 2017, 05:09:19 am »

Can you set each recording rule to a different folder? The only option I see is in the main settings window and I didnt really want all recordings together in one folder.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Different folders for each recording rule?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 05:27:32 am »

For TV?

dreamreamer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 08:13:23 am »

Yes, for the TV recordings. When I set a new rule to record a show.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 12:29:26 pm »

Yes, you can do it.

When you reach the last page of the recording wizard, look for "Apply these tags (optional)".  Click "Add..." button and choose "Custom...".  Select "Filename (path)" for Field, and enter a rule in the Value box.  For example, you can enter something like this: H:\Video\TV Recordings\[Series]\Season [Season]\[Name]\

My example above will put each recording in a separate folder.  If you take away the "[Name]\" part, then all shows in the same season will be in the same folder.

Also refer to RoderickGI's post here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113118.msg784848.html#msg784848

Each recording is moved into its designated folder after the recording finishes.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 01:17:54 pm »

Getting a tagging error at the end of the recording when doing this tag rule.

"Check if the file exist, isn't read-only or in use by another program".

Could it be the fact that these JTV files are been converted to a TS file at same moment - end of the recording ?

Thanks for any hint :-)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 01:30:44 pm »

Recording in TS does not require a conversion.  TS files are written as recordings go on.

I am not sure what might be causing the error.  Do the recordings end up in the desired location?

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 01:38:16 pm »

Thanks, the TS file doesn't get its folder as set by the tag rule.
But i can find a folder with such a name in the recycle bin. Having the JTV files inside.

Maybe it's conflicting at the end of the recording ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 01:51:02 pm »

Thanks, the TS file doesn't get its folder as set by the tag rule.
But i can find a folder with such a name in the recycle bin. Having the JTV files inside.

JTV files are deleted automatically at the end.  So that is normal.

Maybe it's conflicting at the end of the recording ?

Any conflicts should have been resolved automatically.  If the TS files are not in the desired folder, can you find them in the default TV Recordings folder?

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 02:09:03 pm »

Yes they are. Just like without having the additional tagging rule.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 02:59:44 pm »

Did you put a "\" at the end of the tagging rule in the Value Box?

If yes, what is your exact tagging rule? See my example below.

PS: Any tagging rule for the [filename (path)] tag is applied at the beginning of the recording, so that the recording is written to the correct directory from the start. So that wouldn't be the conflict at the end.

Most tagging rules are applied at the end of the recording, but path component of the [filename (path)] and [filename] tags are the exceptions, processed at the beginning so that the location of the recording is correct from the beginning of the recording. I think the Name portion of [filename (name)] and [filename] are also processed at the beginning, but my memory fails me. There is a thread or two discussing that somewhere.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 03:11:06 pm »

BINGO !
It was missing the "\" at the end due to editing the rule :-(.
Works now.
Now I'm playing with the series field, so it would only be used when needed.

Thanks again to both !

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 07:44:54 pm »

PS: Any tagging rule for the [filename (path)] tag is applied at the beginning of the recording, so that the recording is written to the correct directory from the start. So that wouldn't be the conflict at the end.

This is not correct. [Filename (path)] is applied at the end of the recording.  Most other tags are applied at the beginning of recording, including [Filename (name)].

There is a practical reason for this, and it is particularly important for JTV recordings.  If two different recording rules happens to recording two consecutive shows, it is important that they use the same time-shifting folder until a recording finishes.  Otherwise we would need two tuners to record consecutive shows on the same channel.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 12:32:57 am »

Oops. I got it the wrong way around. That probably means that the tagging error at the end of the recording when doing this tag rule was caused by the missing final "\".

I need to write a Wiki so that I get it right next time!

Thanks Yaobing.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 09:08:40 am »

Oops. I got it the wrong way around. That probably means that the tagging error at the end of the recording when doing this tag rule was caused by the missing final "\".

I need to write a Wiki so that I get it right next time!

Thanks Yaobing.

I gave you the wrong idea when I initially promised to apply everything at the beginning.  Now we have to unstick it from you. ;D

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 02:45:02 pm »

;D ;D  Yeah, I learn fast, and unlearn slowly!  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up