INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - Fete de la Musique / Music Day  (Read 1682 times)

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
OT - Fete de la Musique / Music Day
« on: June 20, 2003, 01:54:14 am »

Dear MC / MJ Folks,

To morrow, June 21st, is the longest day of the year and funnilly enough it's also the shortest night of the year !! Ok, sorry Aussies, Brazilians, Sth Africans and all the folks from the Magelannic clouds hemisphere as for you it's the other way round.

Anyway, on june 21st it is also the day or night for "La Fête de la Musique". Every year people gather in the streets of an ever growing number of countries to play instruments, sing or simply listen to some orchestras, bands and singers. It is a great time with lots of free concerts.
More info here http://fetedelamusique.culture.fr in french
and here http://www2.fetedelamusique.culture.fr/fr/internat/index.htm in english.

Well, to morrow I have no particular plan for this event. I will probably go downtown Paris, have a couple of beers, meet some friends and enjoy the Music.
I just thought that it could be nice if some of you on this forum are near Paris, france, we could meet somewhere in town.
What do you think ? Anyone ready for a beer in Paris on saturday night ?

See you,

christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

NoCodeUK

Re: OT - Fete de la Music / Music Day
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 02:01:38 am »

Hi Christian,

Good to see you back.  i thought we hadn't seen you for a while!  Sounds like a great event and if I was nearer Paris I would love to meet up with some MC people, bring my guitar and have a wonderful evening of music.  I wish we had something like that here in the UK. Enjoy it!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Cmagic

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 02:28:52 am »

Adam,

We could organize such a MC/MJ gathering event in London one of these days. I go there from time to time. It might be a better place if we want to attract a serious bunch of people, n'est ce pas ?

I think from October 2003 London & Paris will only be two and a half hour apart, thanks to the new eurostar track between Folkestone and London.

Shall we work on the idea ?

C.

Bob Marley (War)

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 03:05:43 am »

Michel is in Paris for his work.
But ,21th is saturday ,so he in Grenoble.
Coming home every week-end.

If JimH stops in Paris - i do think he will- try to meet him and make pictures of the 3 of you- Not on friday ,saturday et sunday of cause.

Cannot move right now.
I do not miss Paris ,but i really miss London

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 05:34:52 am »

That would be fantastic.  It would be really good for us all to meet up and go for a drink or something.  there are quite a lot of us here in England eg me, Nila, graham, lee.  It'd be great to out faces to the names :)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Cmagic

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 12:33:48 pm »

Some news about tomorrow's more than 470 free concerts in Paris :
Among numerous rock, jazz, classical and pop artists not widely known the following will be present :

Cunnie Williams at the "Place de la république"

Classical concert with Bizet's Carmen and Beethoven Symphony no 5 at the "Palais du Luxembourg"

Robbie Williams, Simply Red, Laura Pausini at the "Champ de mars" (Eiffel Tower)

Bembeya Jazz and Ilene Barnes at the "Maison de la radio"

Ben Harper at RTL2 (a local radio station)

at the same time Iggy Pop will be at the ministry of culture to receive some sort of decoration.

As you can see there's something for everyone !

C.
Bob Marley (War)

Cmagic

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 12:26:58 am »

Well...

Didn't see any MJ/MC fans on saturday night in Paris!

Anyway I had a great time with some of my friends and my lovely half (don't know if this is allowed in english: "ma moitié").
The night was pretty hot with more than 500 concerts in town. We tried to avoid most of the crowdy spots with "full blown" concerts organized by TV or radio stations.
We started with a reggae band near "place d'italie" playing some Marley standards, switched to a Gospell ensemble (quite nice indeed), stopped a while to listen to some crazy young punks (Zev would have loved them ! ;) ) then we had a great time dancing with music from the west indies (Zouk, merengue, salsa and stuff that Jim would have liked ! ).
and we finally ended at about 2 am at a kind of fest-noz (a brittany celtic party).

We then had a last beer and said "bye-bye, see you next year"

Cmagic, reporting from the "fête de la musique" in Paris.
Bob Marley (War)
Pages: [1]   Go Up