INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shortcut to go to the next song in the tag window?  (Read 1224 times)

sandalaudio

• Recent member
Shortcut to go to the next song in the tag window?
« on: January 01, 2018, 12:05:04 am »

Hello

This might be a really dumb question, but for example if I am typing the song name in the tag window, is there a shortcut that allows me to then move to the same tag on the next song?

It would be equivalent Ctrl+N or apple+N on iTunes tag window.

Unfortunately the Ctrl+N on JRiver is based on the currently playing song, not the currently selected song, and in any case, moves the focus away from the tag window, so I have to use my mouse to click on the tag window again.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Shortcut to go to the next song in the tag window?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:21:59 am »

Page Up and Page Down should do it.

I'll also add the shortcut Ctrl+, and Ctrl+. for the next build.  That corresponds to the < and > keys which makes pretty good sense for switching.

Because sometimes the page up and page down are caught by the list and just page.  This way there will be a discrete shortcut.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sandalaudio

• Recent member
Re: Shortcut to go to the next song in the tag window?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 03:25:38 am »

I'll also add the shortcut Ctrl+, and Ctrl+. for the next build.  That corresponds to the < and > keys which makes pretty good sense for switching.

Thanks that's great. I didn't know about PgUp key because it's tricky to execute on a laptop keyboard with limited buttons. The new shortcut will definitely help when I have to type 70+ track names in sequence for opera recordings etc.

I also found slight inconvenience compared to iTunes where the tags (e.g. Comments tag which I use for the list of cast, recording venue, etc) doesn't wrap at rightmost end of the screen, so you have no idea what you are typing once you go over the edge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up