INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't identify tag/ID3 data from JR_23 built_91 with Tag&Rename.  (Read 1903 times)

so so

Can't identify tag/ID3 data from JR_23 built_91 with Tag&Rename.
« on: December 21, 2017, 10:07:02 pm »

I am using JRiver_version 23 32bit build 77 after ripped the CD to wave files I often used a third party software called Tag&Rename to get the tag / ID3 data from the JRiver for batch tag editing everything were fine.

But after I updated the JRiver to later Built 91 the Tag&Rename software can't get or identify the tag / ID3 data from JRiver.(Example: Artists Name, Create Date. Album Name ,Genre, Cover Art)

Does anything i have to set or i misusing in the new version of JRiver or it was a bug ?

Any users face the similar problem after the JRiver_23_built_77. ?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Can't identify tag/ID3 data from JR_23 built_91 with Tag&Rename software.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 11:16:15 pm »

no problems here....maybe it's your tag&rename software and not MC 23 built 91....just sayin
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 12:06:24 pm »

I am using JRiver_version 23 32bit build 77 after ripped the CD to wave files I often used a third party software called Tag&Rename to get the tag / ID3 data from the JRiver for batch tag editing everything were fine.

"ripped the CD to wave files"

This could have something to do with the issue. WAV files are a crapshoot when it comes to tags - especially when moving the files between tagging apps. I use Tag N Rename and JRIver exclusively and have never had an issue - but I use FLAC for everything. Superior tagging that easily transfers in both directions to either app.

Of course - I do not expect Tag and Rename to be able to deal with any of JRiver custom tags but all the standard ID1/ID2/ID3 tags are fine.

VP

so so

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 10:39:19 pm »

THANK to all the concerned buddies,    HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL  :D

I have tried the following but still failed:

part A:
1A. Uninstall the JRiver_built_91 and reinstalled it again. 
2A. Uninstall the Tag&Rename_version 3914 (latest) and reinstalled it again.

part B :
3B. Uninstall the JRiver_built_91 and reinstalled back to previous built_77 again by using the Tag&Rename_version 3914 everything works back to normal again.
4B. I imported the audio WAV files which ripped from the previous JRiver_23_built between xx to 77 the Tag&Rename_version 3914 can deal with it fine.
5B. I imported the audio WAV files which ripped from AudioGate software it can deal with Tag&Rename.(Tags /ID1,ID2,ID3) ?

The previous JRiver_xx  itself can displayed the Artists Name, Create Date. Album Name ,Genre, Cover Art properly in WAV mode on the desktop panel.

Before all the build of JRiver can deal with Tag&Rename works fine but why after built_77 can't communicate with Tag&Rename  ?

I eagerly hopes someones or JRiver's supporting group could solve this problem for me because I love the JRiver  performance so much  :-*

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 01:47:13 am »

As far as I recall it MC has a setting somewhere that allows you to select if tags are stored in WAV files or not (in which case the tags are stored separately in the MC database)..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 04:08:18 pm »

As far as I recall it MC has a setting somewhere that allows you to select if tags are stored in WAV files or not (in which case the tags are stored separately in the MC database)..

Options > Audio > Advanced > Configure input plug-in... > WAV & AIFF input plug-in > tick the box.

That may affect MC's ability to read tags as well, but I wouldn't think so.

Also there are these:
23.0.92 (12/20/2017)
3. Changed: The Wave format encoder now supports a configuration dialog to set whether or not tags are to be stored in the Wave file. Previously this was only available from the 'Advanced / Configure Input Plugin' option selection on the Audio options dialog.

23.0.86 (12/1/2017)
13. Fixed: MC could not read metadata tags in some WAVE files in recent builds.
From https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes_MC23

So 23.0.91 should work fine. Check the setting above to see if it is set, and if it changes anything.

If Tag&Rename can see tags from some files, but not all, maybe that setting wasn't checked when the CDs were ripped (assuming that you ripped using MC) so MC didn't write the tags to the files. In which case, if the tags are in the MC library, you can get MC to write them to the files. Select the problem files, right-click on them > Library Tools > Update Tags (from library).
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

so so

Re: Can't identify tag/ID3 data from JR_23 built_91 with Tag&Rename. (SOLVED)
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 07:19:12 pm »

I have to THANKS to ~OM~, Vocalpoint, AndrewFG, RoderickGI all enthusiastic Buddies for guiding me solving my vexation.

I follow the suggestions setting, Now the problem has been solved. I am so happy that now I can using both softwares again for my batch editing jobs. ;)

I upgraded the JRiver_23 from 32bit to 64bit version after audition the sonic performance of 64 bit sure win 32 bit. (After tried the 64 bit version you will never return back)

(The sonic performance of JRiver build_77 64bit was more analog feeling to me and build_91 64bit more HIFI )   

Pages: [1]   Go Up