INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9 caused divide error w/IPOD  (Read 1046 times)

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
MC9 caused divide error w/IPOD
« on: January 28, 2003, 05:36:53 pm »

I copied a few CDs and a playlist to the iPod. That seemed to go okay, but they are not showing up on the iPod. Last time this happened, I thought I did a Rebuild. But with the new iPod driver (1/26/03), everytime I do a Rebuild List from iPod, I get this error:  Media Jukebox caused a divide error in module hh_portable.dll. MC9 then closes and the iPod does not show all the songs that are on it (and in the meantime, I lost my playlists). I tried synching, but that didn't make any difference. So now I have all these new songs and a few playlists that are on the iPod, but I can't access them. Grrr.

Can someone help?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC9 caused divide error w/IPOD
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 04:41:16 am »

tlongacre,

Make sure you have the latest version of MC 9 as well as iPod plug-in 3.0.47.  If you still are having problems, try right-clicking on the iPod drive letter and Format the iPod. You will lose all your data if you do this, but it will hopefully solve the problem of a potentially corrupted database on your iPod which is what is most likely if you have the latest versions of MC and the Plug-in.

Steve

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2003, 09:00:50 am »

Steve,

Thanks. But when I tried to Format, it did it, but I still got errors (did I get an error from the Format? I can't remember, but it did reformat just fine). So in the end I just switched to Ephpod. . . Frustrating though. I don't really want to use two different programs and MC9 has the best ripping facility.

Also, I don't get how playlists are supposed to work. They never transfer over to my iPod. Then I tried to export them and import them to EphPod, but only 2 out of 3 that I created came over.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 09:24:22 am »

tlongacre,

Please verify that you have MC 9.0.104 and iPod Plug-in 3.0.47 (in Plug-in manager).

To synchronize Playlists, right click on the iPod drive letter and select synchronize. To read all about this, check out....

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ashawley01/  

If you are still stuck, try posting to the following thread for MC9 and iPod issues. I will close this thread now.

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1042824714
Pages: [1]   Go Up