INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Album Cover  (Read 1469 times)

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Photo Album Cover
« on: June 20, 2003, 03:58:00 am »

Hi,

Just one thought after playing with MC Photo Albums:

When grouping and viewing images as albums with list style set to "Album thumbnails", MC takes the first image from the album as kind of "cover art" for the given photo album.
This is ok but don't you think that :
a/ it'll be cool to add some sort of overlay or frame on the "photo album thumbnail" so as to tell the user that this thumbnails represents a whole album and not a single image.

b/ To let the user choose which picture from the album to use as the "album cover art"

MC Photo organizing features are becoming quite interesting now, great work folks !!

Thanks

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Photo Album Cover
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 05:51:35 am »

Look at what Hairstyle does -- it builds a thumbnail from several of the images.

We may do the same thing in the main GUI someday -- it'd be sort of slick.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 06:57:46 am »

That would be very cool if you could do it Matt.  Kinda like the Album folder icon in XP.  You could do it as a thumbnail for Artists too...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 07:02:52 am »

Talking about presentation, I would like to add the following about MC as photo album:

When I run a slide show in mega-me, I can see now the title information in the display on top. But if I switch to full-screen, right now there is no more tag info available about the current image.

I suggested some time ago to have some mechanism to display tag information during a slideshow. Could be something like a moving banner over the image or some kind of blending in.

If we set the slide show interval to 10 seconds, then we could also set a tag info display interval to maybe 5 seconds, so I would see the info for 5 seconds and the whole info free image for another 5 seconds.

Other ideas are welcomed!

jwaters

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 07:55:15 am »

Matt - the Photo collage thing in Hairstyle is cool, but personally, I'd like to be able to specify a custom Photo Album cover - much the same way I do with music.  Perhaps an option to use the collage if cover art hasn't been specified.

More importantly (but on a different subject) I agree with Jaguu -- a key piece of functionality is the ability to display photo information while in a full screen slideshow.  Ideally, a text overlay with a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off.

JW

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 08:15:38 am »

Matt - the Photo collage thing in Hairstyle is cool, but personally, I'd like to be able to specify a custom Photo Album cover - much the same way I do with music.  Perhaps an option to use the collage if cover art hasn't been specified.

I agree with that
Pages: [1]   Go Up