INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 9.1.203 - Image Tags and View  (Read 1303 times)

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
MC 9.1.203 - Image Tags and View
« on: June 19, 2003, 08:16:44 pm »

Hello,

I think that the options to tag images with information about people, places and events is excellent.  I do have some questions and suggestions.

Does this information get stored in the image? Or does it only exist in the MC database?  If it is not stored in the image, is there any way to do this?  So that it wouldn't be lost if your database ever died.

Suggestion:  It would be great to have the ability to put in multiple entries in these fields and have MC sort through them.  

i.e. I have a picture of Bob & Sue in San Francisco, California at the reception of their wedding.

I'd love to put the following in the fields:
People: Bob, Sue
Place: San Francisco, California
Event: Wedding, Reception

And then have MC sort through this with Bob and Sue as two different people, San Fran and Cali as two different places, and Wedding and Reception as two different events.  

Then if  I wanted to see all pics with bob in them, I could just select Bob, and see every pic with bob in it.

This would make it extremely powerful.

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.

-kiwi

nila

Re: MC 9.1.203 - Image Tags and View
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 12:05:28 am »

Hi kiwi,

What your asking for is already in place.

The fields are a type called 'List' which means if you have say:

People: Bob, Sue
Place: San Francisco, California
Event: Wedding, Reception

u need to change that to:

People: Bob; Sue
Place: San Francisco; California
Event: Wedding; Reception

And it'll do exactly what ur asking for.
U can search for Bob or sue and it'll do it by either as seperate items.

Basically u can enter as many values as u want into the field for any file, seperate each value with a ; and the file will be searchable by any of the values entered between the ;'s.
You can also make your own new fields for this.

The people, events, etc. fields are all list types and each file can have as many values as u want for it in these fields.

As for storing it in the files, some of the information is, some isn't. To see what is go to the options screen and the 'Tree & View settings' screen. U'll see a list of all the fields here.
If u click on edit for any field u'll see an option letting u choose whether it's saved in the file or not.

kiwi

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 12:41:43 am »

Awesome!!!  Thanks for the info.  Sorry about asking the question.  It wasn't obvious.  I probably should have looked in the help.  Didn't think about ";".  Perfect.  

kiwi

kiwi

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 12:52:47 am »

I went to the tree & view setting section, but I could not edit the settings for People, Places and Events.  They are set to the default.  However, I don't know what that default is.  i.e. whether they are saved in the files.

Thanks,
kiwi

Listening to: 'Welcome Home (Sanitarium)' from 'Plays Metallica By Four Cellos' by 'Apocalyptica' on Media Center 9.1

nila

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 01:06:47 am »

They're all saved in the tags - u can see it greyed out if u look carefully :)

kiwi

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 02:03:15 am »

Yeah, I saw that it was greyed out, but I didn't know whether that was the setting, or just the default when greyed out and had nothing to do with the actual setting.

-kiwi
Pages: [1]   Go Up