INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 23.0.94 -- Available Here  (Read 8880 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 23.0.94 -- Available Here
« on: January 12, 2018, 01:22:49 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 23.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download standard build
32-bit: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230094.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64 bit build
64-bit: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230094-x64.exe (only works on 64 bit Windows systems)

23.0.94 (1/12/2018)

1. NEW: Added right-click menu on "Television" branch in the left pane in Standard view.  This allows a quicker way of accessing some of the TV options, such as "Manage Devices", "Manage Channels", etc.
2. Fixed: Changing TV tuner device order (in "Manage Devices") might not take effect until MC restarted.
3. Fixed: Selecting the Television view in the tree and refreshing would no longer have the item selected.
4. NEW: Animated GIF image support
5. Fixed: When MC was closed while an OTA EPG scanning was going on a confirmation was not shown.
6. NEW: The search box includes the names of playlists saved in the database and will switch to the playlist when it is selected.
7. NEW: The base path of the Rename, Move, & Copy Files dialog is a combobox that remembers the last entered paths.
8. Fixed: When the user changed EPG loading schedule, the change might not immediately take effect until the next previously scheduled silent loading was executed.
9. Fixed: Thunderstorm checkbox text wasn't readable.
10. Fixed: File tagging following CD ripping wasn't working.

23.0.93 (1/5/2018)

1. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
2. NEW: Redesigned Manage TV Channels window.  Preferred Tuners and XMLTV Identifier fields are moved to the channel list and are in-place editable.
3. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
4. Changed: The group names in the tag window will be translatable.
5. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
6. Fixed: A possible memory issue in the 64-bit builds.
7. Fixed: Adding linked tracks to Playing Now didn't always work properly.
8. NEW: Added the shortcut Ctrl+, and Ctrl+. to switch to the previous and next track (useful during tagging).
9. NEW: Added clickable media type icons to PlayPower list of control sequence actions.  Simpler to set the media types each action applies to.

23.0.92 (12/20/2017)

1. Fixed: When using the audio Convert Format tool to convert from files that don't support tags (e.g. wav/aif when tag option is de-selected), the metadata in the database did not get added to the new file.
2. Fixed: Doing a Rename, Move, & Copy Files with no boxes checked on a file would make the program show a tagging error message.
3. Changed: The Wave format encoder now supports a configuration dialog to set whether or not tags are to be stored in the Wave file.  Previously this was only available from the 'Advanced / Configure Input Plugin' option selection on the Audio options dialog.
4. NEW: OSD "Lip Sync" adjustment.
5. NEW: Added MCCommand MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_VIDEO_LIPSYNC_ZONE (28044) for adjusting lip sync and saving the result in zone setting (instead of saving in individual file).  Keyboard shortcuts CTRL+SHIFT+COMMA, CTRL+SHIFT+PERIOD, and CTRL+SHIFT+SLASH, are associated with this command.
6. NEW: On "Manage TV Channels", the first two columns ("Channel" and "Channel #") can be in-place edited.
7. Changed: FormatNumber(...) allows trailing zeroes on decimals (previously it would crop them).
8. Fixed: Starting image playback of a single image with the 2D image viewer could immediately switch to the next track.
9. Fixed: With the 2D image viewer, the playback information about total time and time elapsed would not show.
10. NEW: Added MCWS call to get URL of an Engen server which has been configured in Media Center and check if it's alive. Example: http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Engen/ServerLocation
11. Fixed: Scheduled tasks Engen component was not showing actions that could be performed on devices, such as TurnOn, TurnOff, etc.
12. NEW: PlayPower actions can now operate on specific selectable media types.  You can select one or more applicable media types for each action.  Previously only Audio media types would work.
13. NEW: Made Ctrl+G toggle the tree state between collapsed and expanded instead of only collapsing.
14. NEW: When TV recordings are to be deleted, "Remove From Library", and, if the format is TS, "Send to Recycling Bin" are offered in addition to "Delete Files permanently" in the confirmation dialog.
15. Fixed: Several bugs in the TheaterView Lighting plugin, including the "All On" and "All Off" commands not working reliably.
16. Changed: The TheaterView Lighting plugin configuration dialog now verifies the presence of an Engen server rather than blindly trying to use whatever is entered for a URL.
17. NEW: The 'Connect' button on the wr.jriver.com/<accesskey> web page works with Panel.
18. NEW: Panel - The Engen button will only appear if the Engen server is running.
19. Changed: Panel - The Engen button will now redirect the user to the Engen server URL set in Media Center, instead of using the current URL and changing the port.
20. Changed: Panel - On certain screen resolutions, the progress bar is replaced with the volume bar.
21. Changed: Panel - Made some adjustments to the font for cover folders on larger screens, and truncated the text.
22. Fixed: Panel - Restored returning to the top of the page on a page change.
23. Changed: In the PlayPower configuration dialog, the list of control steps for a zone now includes icons indicating which media types the step applies to.

23.0.91 (12/12/2017)

1. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).
2. Fixed: Pausing OpenCable and SatIP live TV would cause TV to stop buffering new data in recent builds.
3. Changed: Made the Library Views submenu nest child browser schemes like they're nested in the tree so the full path shows in the menu.
4. Fixed: TV recording conflicts were not properly displayed on Library Server clients.
5. NEW: Panel - Added a stop button to Panel.
6. Changed: Panel - Made most category buttons larger.
7. Changed: Panel - Gave user created category buttons random colors.
8. Fixed: Panel - The number of plays stat was being increased repeatedly under some conditions.
9. Fixed: Panel - Pages were constantly scrolling to the top with touch devices.
10. Fixed: A possible locking error with a string used by the web engine. Hopefully fixes a weird DLNA crash.

23.0.90 (12/8/2017)

1. Fixed: Export playlist from the file menu wasn't working properly (only the right-click export would work).
2. Changed: When doing lip-sync adjustment using keyboard shortcuts (SHIFT+COMMA and SHIFT+PERIOD), the final result is saved in PlaybackInfo tag of the file, instead of the zone-specific settings, except when the file has Media Subtype of "System" (i.e. a calibration file).
3. Changed: When doing lip-sync adjustment using keyboard shortcuts (SHIFT+COMMA and SHIFT+PERIOD), the result is saved only for the particular display type (i.e. 24 Hz display vs. other displays).
4. NEW: When doing lip-sync adjustment using keyboard shortcuts (SHIFT+COMMA and SHIFT+PERIOD), an OSD message is shown to indicate current offset value.
5. Changed: When doing lip-sync adjustment using keyboard shortcuts (SHIFT+COMMA and SHIFT+PERIOD) on live TV, the final result is saved in PlaybackInfo tag of the TV channel.
6. NEW: DLNA rewrote the entire controller function. Added logging to all DLNA Controller functions.
7. Changed: DLNA controller function "Ignore Transport Events" will also not subscribe to those events. MC can now control any DLNA renderer in polling only mode.
8. Changed: DLNA controller function "Ignore Get Position failure" will allow streaming only devices to work as if they were reporting position. It uses Getprotocolinfo to determine whether or not the device is alive. This will co-exist with the "Ignore Transport Events" function as well.
9. Changed: DLNA controller. Standardize function timeouts.
10. Fixed: DLNA controller is more efficient making device calls. It only does so when it really needs to.
11. Changed: Display of playback information in a DLNA zone which MC is not controlling is smooth and efficient.
12. Changed: DLNA controller. SetNextAVTransportURI logic streamlined and made more bullet proof. NOTE your device still MUST support GetMediaInfo as well as SetNextAVTransportURI for gapless playback.
13. Changed: DLNA controller. If SetNextAVTransportURI is NOT disabled as an option and we find a device doesn't support it or is broken MC will automatically turn off that option in the controller settings.
14. Changed: Display of playback information in a DLNA zone which is transitioning tracks as the result of a SetNextAVTransportURI is very fast now.
15. Changed: Update of the time slider in DLNA zones is more accurate and smooth. There MAY be issues with broken renderers. Need feedback here.

23.0.89 (12/6/2017)

1. Fixed: Views with complicated expressions to group by didn't evaluate properly.

23.0.88 (12/6/2017)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.33.
2. Changed: If the articles ..., (, ¡, or … are added to the article list, there won't have to be a space after them for them to get ignored.
3. Fixed: Media Center could possibly crash when showing television views in recent builds.
4. NEW: Added the smartlist rule "Only matches of" that will find files that have matching artists and albums (for example).
5. NEW: Added the smartlist rule "Only differences of" the will find files with different values in the selected fields.
6. Changed: Added the command "Build Missing Thumbnails..." to the Tools > Advanced Tools menu.
7. Changed: Panel - Changed the default number of items per page from 50 to 200.
8. Changed: Panel - Paginated pages are now pushed to the history so the back button won't ignore them.
9. Fixed: Panel - Panel was redirecting all connections to use port 52199, breaking Panel if a different port was set.
10. Fixed: Panel - When changing pages in folder views, the page was not returning to the top.

23.0.87 (12/4/2017)

1. Changed: Made the option to not translate hot keys when running as Media Server actually unregister the program for hot keys so hopefully it won't catch them anymore (before it would catch them but not translate them).
2. NEW: WIA devices (scanners) show up under Action Window > Camera in the device list.
3. Changed: The computer no longer goes to deep sleep while it's serving DLNA files.
4. NEW: Added the zone ID and index to the tooltip for Playing Now zones.
5. Changed: DLNA: Some devices were slow responding, especially to the SetAVTransportURI function. Made the timeout for these longer than the default. Was resulting in "Something went wrong with playback" errors. Added logging for this as well.
6. NEW: Added the device address to the tooltip for remote zones.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 23.0.94 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 04:21:36 pm »

>>21. Changed: Panel - Made some adjustments to the font for cover folders on larger screens, and truncated the text.

Thanks for addressing people's layout concerns, but I think you've taken things too far. Previously, Panel showed the entire album title or artist name or whatever. The problem was that the font was quite large and long words sometimes overlapped each other.

Now, things fit on the screen, but it's just displaying a fraction of the title, and that's not enough. See the screen shot from the portion of my collection that includes numerous recordings of various Beethoven piano sonatas, for example. I can't tell which album is which without clicking on it or attempting to read a tiny thumbnail of the cover. This from a PC but I have the same issue on my phone.

Need at least a couple of lines of text to accommodate longer tags.

Cheers.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 04:31:37 pm »

My preference would be for Panel to permit for a line-based view, somewhat similar to the choices of view available in JRemote (cover based grid, list with small covers, list with no covers).

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 02:23:14 am »

>>21. Changed: Panel - Made some adjustments to the font for cover folders on larger screens, and truncated the text.

Thanks for addressing people's layout concerns, but I think you've taken things too far. Previously, Panel showed the entire album title or artist name or whatever. The problem was that the font was quite large and long words sometimes overlapped each other.

Now, things fit on the screen, but it's just displaying a fraction of the title, and that's not enough. See the screen shot from the portion of my collection that includes numerous recordings of various Beethoven piano sonatas, for example. I can't tell which album is which without clicking on it or attempting to read a tiny thumbnail of the cover. This from a PC but I have the same issue on my phone.

Cheers.

Maybe the user should be able to adjust the layout as he can do for MC in MC? Then one could set it up to his preferences. I guess you do not have this problem in MC?

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 11:07:26 am »

I noticed that, after updating to 23.0.94 yesterday, my views in Panel are no longer refreshing. I've downloaded a few podcast episodes in the past day, but they aren't showing up in my "new podcast" view for Panel. Restarting the server didn't help, nor did re-saving the view. It is as if I was seeing a "frozen" view as of Jan. 11th.

I reverted to 23.0.91, and all Panel views are properly showing the current/refreshed information.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 04:29:27 am »

Not a bug reporting but a positive feedback instant :-)

Thanks JRiver team for the DLNA improvements in .94 !

I've always had random delays and timeout's when using my DD OctoNet Sat>IP device in MC 23.
But when running .94 this device starts immediately and without any hesitation or delay.
Data for the OSD (guide information) is now also instant displayed aswell.

Only request which still remains, for me, is a more accurate 'status update' of the MC server towards the client.
P.e. the server is already finished some TV recording, but the client will still show 'recording' till it gets refreshed.
-> Could the Server push out such update immediately ?

Thanks !

yogibee

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 05:55:22 am »

Not sure if I am in the right thread..just wanted to put my 2 cents in on the new lip sync option; there needs to be an increment of +-10. As it is now, 50+- is not doing it..I might be overly sensitive, but I find myself doing adjustments in lav audio because the 'lip sync' option is not refined enough. Don't get me wrong, love this option..love that one can do these adjustments without much interruption...but there needs to be more incremental adjustment.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 12:55:33 pm »

7. Fixed: Adding linked tracks to Playing Now didn't always work properly.

Linked tracks still don't function correctly for me on build 94 when using Panel. They work for me on MC and client MC, also from JRemote.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 07:18:43 am »

When ripping CDs to FLAC, cover art is not embedded into the file, instead just the link to the image is in the tag. After ripping, I have to copy the image, and then use the "Paste from Clipboard" in order for it to get embedded into the file.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 01:35:13 pm »

When ripping CDs to FLAC, cover art is not embedded into the file, instead just the link to the image is in the tag. After ripping, I have to copy the image, and then use the "Paste from Clipboard" in order for it to get embedded into the file.

I've also noticed this in Build 94.  Album art files need to be manually embedded in the file after ripping, either through "Paste From Clipboard" or "Add From File". 

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 08:39:22 pm »

23.0.93 (1/5/2018)

2. NEW: Redesigned Manage TV Channels window.  Preferred Tuners and XMLTV Identifier fields are moved to the channel list and are in-place editable.

Ok Looks nice but how do we do this? If I right click on the column under preferred tuner for a channel no options for preferred card show up...I have 3 ATSC cards available and was able to do it without issues before the change...
Thx

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 10:17:45 pm »

click on a cell two times slowly (slow double-click) to enter editing mode.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 08:08:51 am »

click on a cell two times slowly (slow double-click) to enter editing mode.

Yep this works Yaobing I was double-clicking too quickly or just clicking (may want to add a line on this in the box?) ...

Yaobing I found an issue with the manage device ordering.  I tried changing it a few times but it will not save and keep  the changes.
Thx Yaobing.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 08:54:59 am »

Yaobing I found an issue with the manage device ordering.  I tried changing it a few times but it will not save and keep  the changes.

Do you have tuners that are preferred by some channels?  If so, those tuners will always be put at the end of the device list, no matter what you do manually.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 10:06:54 am »

Do you have tuners that are preferred by some channels?  If so, those tuners will always be put at the end of the device list, no matter what you do manually.

Before the change I was still able to order the device priority list and have preferred tuners which was working perfectly.   I still need this as my cards don't perform the same way and I want to leverage both options for channel surfing and recordings.

So this change is nice but takes away flexibility. Can you please change to make sure the Manage Device Priority can be changed as before?

Thank you.

Read next post...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 11:07:02 am »

TV Tuner ordering discussion was split to this thread:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114174.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up