INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Wanted to Say: Great Job!  (Read 1227 times)

sraymond

Just Wanted to Say: Great Job!
« on: June 19, 2003, 08:49:33 pm »

JRiver,

I wanted to take a minute and say I think you guys have done a great job these last two weeks with making photo tagging much better.  I've decided to abandon APA and stick with MC for photo management - but I hope that doesn't mean I owe you a portion of the 50 dollars I saved!

The only things missing (though I can live without them in the short-term) are the date changes I've asked for in a couple of other threads (so that I can rename with YYYYMMDD-HHMM-SS), grouping of people, AND support, and a better incorporation with the WIA drivers for acquiring when first connected (i.e. adding MC to the list of XP OS "Scanners and Cameras" events).  The list was easily five times longer less than two weeks ago!

Lest your head get too big, I'll stop with the compliments... :-)

Scott-

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Just Wanted to Say: Great Job!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 09:12:40 pm »

Scott,

In case your interested in a real lightweight, fast loading viewer that does some neat stuff...

http://www.warren-software.com/

After you open a file in a particular directory (say full of images), using PgUp and PgDn pages through all of them. It also installs an OpenGL screensaver that will slideshow said images (with very killer fade effects...JR, check it out). The alpha affects are cool, too.

10-27

PS: Agree wholeheartedly on the MC accolades

sraymond

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 09:39:12 pm »

Interesting app...  thanks for the link.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to like my ATI AIW 8500 DV.  I've always had problems with ATI cards (I used to have a 7000 that did the same thing).  It must be a motherboard issue.  I get a hard freeze (no BSOD) with vertical lines on a black background.

Scott-

nila

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 11:58:31 pm »

definitely agree that MC has taken HUGE leaps in terms of photo management - I'm actually starting to use it now for my images.

Good job !! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up