INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 9.1.203 beta  New Browse/Edit mode Discuss  (Read 979 times)

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
MC 9.1.203 beta  New Browse/Edit mode Discuss
« on: June 19, 2003, 05:22:32 pm »

This is open for discussing the new media liberary modes!

also for Bugs and New ideas :D
Tamer

Pink Waters

Re: MC 9.1.203 beta  New Browse/Edit mode Discuss
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 05:41:06 pm »

First of all,
the new system is not too different from the last checkboxes' one! ... you have just added logos instead of checkboxes

second,
the system really really really misses to remember what did we select in it ( of course the artists and albums ) , so when we go to another window like for example "playing now" and get back again to the media liberary we find out the its just reseted !!

Last but not least,
i think toggling between browse and edit mode would worth a tab system . a tap for editing and a tap for browsing!
Tamer

MachineHead

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 05:58:10 pm »

First of all,
the new system is not too different from the last checkboxes' one! ... you have just added logos instead of checkboxes

It's different. Now you select/de-select an artist and it doesn't automatically change it.

Lost the speed of the last build.

Agree there should be a tabbed action for this.

Hmm, thought. What about linking this to File Properties since the right handed set lost that? Anyone?

Pink Waters

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 06:23:28 pm »

What about linking this to File Properties since the right handed set lost that? Anyone?

It was the old way since the development of version 8 ... but i think continueing this new system is some kinda cool ... you now ! New Things always makes your self better :)
Tamer

sraymond

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 06:45:37 pm »

I like the new graphics...  the "tag" is certainly more intuitive (what does a "checkbox" mean anyway?)!  I also like the magnifying glass for search.

I'm still a little concerned that others won't pick up the subtle difference between clicking on the "tag symbol" and clicking on the "tag label".  It's sort of obvious that there's a difference, what with the changing graphic from tag to search, but some people might not get that the difference is *where* you click.

There's still no "AND" within a column - I think this is an important feature.  Adobe Photoshop Album makes it easy to find photos with "Scott" and "Brian"; MC makes me do a search on keywords - not easy.  What makes APA so cool is this:  when you select two or more tags who's intersection (AND) is a null set (i.e. no object meets the AND criteria), it changes automatically to union (OR) and the label goes from "xx items matching" to "xx items closely matching".  That's the ticket.  Can MC do this?

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up