INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 23 TV Tuner Stopped Working  (Read 1330 times)

rustyhann

MC 23 TV Tuner Stopped Working
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:01:15 pm »

Hello,

I am currently using MC 23 (latest). I have a Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD PCI Express TV Tuner Card. The card was working fine and then stopped working. I have rebooted (power cycled) the computer, disabled all firewall software including Windows Defender, and restarted the JRiver service multiple times. I cannot get a signal from the TV tuner. The logs show that a scheduled recording timed out because a tuner was not available. When trying to rescan channels, the same error appears. Looking at the status of the tuner, the first tuner is permanently stuck at initializing and the other three tuners are idle. I have reinstalled the Hauppauge drivers but it did not fix anything. Device manager shows the TV tuner working.

Have I missed something? Thoughts?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 23 TV Tuner Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 03:32:50 am »

Sounds like a hardware failure.

It might be just one tuner of the four. Change the sequence of tuners in the tuner profile, so that the "Bad" one is last in the list. At least, that is where I think you can do it. I'm not at my HTPC to check at he moment.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 01:58:06 pm »

Yup, it sounds like hardware failure.  Run "Manage Devices", and reorder the tuners (by drag-n-drop or the Move Up/Down buttons).  If that does not help (i.e. all tuners behave badly, you can also try re-installing the device drivers.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rustyhann

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 01:25:37 pm »

Thank you for the quick response, I will try that tonight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up