INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: media center 9 suggestions  (Read 904 times)

scarett

• Recent member
  • my pencil has an eraser!
media center 9 suggestions
« on: June 19, 2003, 11:11:43 am »

could a toolbar be added to neotopic allowing library/drive searches? I think the whole concept behind
mc 9 is great. I ike the neotropic view (much better than wmplayer 9, no unnecessary clutter) and wish there was a simple way to find a particular track.Most of the people who use the system dont find it hard to change to the next random selection, but how can I make it easy for the techno-challenged to find a particular track or album. ( a button for "play this album" and maybe an album alpha button in the corner with a letter and up/down keys for search/artist. I also would like to make it as automated as possible, ie inserting a disc causes the mc9 to automatically play dvd,cd and go back to jukebox mode after quitting new media play. What I'am looking for is control using relatively few commands which could be programmed into a remote. I have experimented with a few different media players and like this one best. For me it is easy to use, but making it fool-proof (at least for the basic play  functions) would make this a great program. I am not a programmer, and most people dont understand the ins and outs of this kind of software, but this program could be great with a few additional tweaks.

If a way to set these features already exists I would love to hear how....

And by the way thanx for the remote help. everything works great now (girder and irman)!!!!!

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: media center 9 suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 02:38:47 pm »

Have u tried Hairstyle?  Go into full screen then press the menu key on your keyboard, or go to the mode drop down and select Hairstyle...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

scarett

• Recent member
  • my pencil has an eraser!
Re: media center 9 suggestions
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 03:08:03 pm »

The question is one of user interface...(keepin it simple)
Yes you can get there form here, but the road is perilous...(LOL). Try explaining that to my wife or daughter. What I was saying is there is no easy way to get there from the neotropic/fullsceen mode.(unless u are familiar with the program). I am trying to come up with macro's that make it possible with as few key strokes as possible,so that they can be programmed into a remote while using fullscreen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up