INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deferred Procedure Calls: how to find the root cause of audio stutterings  (Read 1160 times)

steff

• World Citizen

I am not a developer, therefore this article is very very interesting for me and, maybe, for other in the forum.

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

Using the tool (free for non commercial) I was able to confirm my suspects causing drop-out in playing audio.

In particular, in my personal situations, dopr-outs occurr whenever the latency goes higher than 8000 us (micro-seconds).

This tool is a MUST-HAVE

Linn LP12 Turntable + Akito + K9 + Audio Analogue Paganini SE + Electa Amator
piCore Player + nVidia Shield + Xiaomi MiBox S + UAPP
Teac UD-503 + M2Tech HiFace
Cisco 3850 + 1815i + Dell T440 2x Xeon 4210

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

DPC Latency checks can be useful to determine if a system is having serious trouble with realtime processing of audio and video, however finding the root cause of such a problem is still going to be quite a big task - and as always with such tools, interpretation of the results is key, not every single peak is going to cause you trouble, as long as the baseline is still low.

Also, just for the record, the tool you linked does not properly work with Windows 10. As an alternative, I can recommend LatencyMon from this website: http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

steff

• World Citizen

Good to know that there are other tools like that.

Anyway with Thesycon tool I identified my problem.
I went to Thesycon beacuse they developed the ASIO driver of my old DAC.

Let me say that there are a lot of people around there complaining about the stuttering audio and I never read a suggestion to use such tools to identify the cause.

Thanks
Linn LP12 Turntable + Akito + K9 + Audio Analogue Paganini SE + Electa Amator
piCore Player + nVidia Shield + Xiaomi MiBox S + UAPP
Teac UD-503 + M2Tech HiFace
Cisco 3850 + 1815i + Dell T440 2x Xeon 4210

1maynard

• World Citizen

Hey guys thanks for the links. I am one of the people with audio stuttering issues during OTA Live TV viewing so I will be looking into these programs when My AVR gets back from warranty repair.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Pages: [1]   Go Up