INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exclude from shuffle - no playlists involved  (Read 1085 times)

jarbe

• Junior Woodchuck
Exclude from shuffle - no playlists involved
« on: January 23, 2018, 12:06:26 pm »

Hi,

Sometimes I just enjoy putting my whole library on Shuffle.
However, there are some albums that I would not like to appear in the shuffle list. Mainly Hifi-test CD's.
Is there an easy way to exclude these when using actions such as Play All, Shuffle All. I suspect I'm not the only one hating the white and pink noise popping up when I set out to do something else with music playing in the background.

If no such possibility exists, can you please implement one?

Best Regards,
Jarle Bergene

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Exclude from shuffle - no playlists involved
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 12:08:56 pm »

You could create a user account that hides your Hifi-test tracks.

Explore the menu View > User > Add User...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jarbe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:21:03 pm »

I don't wish to hide them. I want them to be present in the library like any other album. Just not included when using play all/shuffle all.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 05:44:37 pm »

I know you said no playlists, but you didn't say anything about smart lists.  So, simply make a smartlist that excludes those test tracks.  As an example, set the genre for all those test tracks to something like "HiFi Test" and then create a smartlist where media type is audio and genre is not HiFi Test. 

MusicHawk

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:30:19 pm »

Agreed, a smartlist is the best solution. Just determine (or create) a field or file value that can be included or excluded as desired. It could be the file name as suggested.

Or, to easily handle files of any name, you could put a certain value in a particular field that identifies such tracks as excluded from your "music only" playlist. The Genre field is an obvious place to specific that a given track is a Test or Sound Effect or anything else that you want the smartlist to exclude. Even the Rating/Stars system could be used, exclude 1-Star tracks.

I use the Keywords field for each track to identify it in various ways, then exclude certain Keywords from my general music listening smartlists. My wife doesn't want to hear my tracks of test tones, random noises, 1901 historic recordings, talking and comedy cuts, christmas songs (those are included in a different smartlist) and other annoying tracks.

It can be a simple one-time task. Consider that a smartlist can include AND/OR exclude. so instead of having to tag all the songs you want to hear (though this is easy), you could just tag the tracks you do NOT want to hear. Then use the smartlist to include or exclude as desired.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up