INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BluRay software Win 10  (Read 2202 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
BluRay software Win 10
« on: January 24, 2018, 08:22:41 am »

Since I upgraded my HTPC to Win 10 I can no longer play BluRays. Just looking for a recommendation. Per research it looks like PowerDVD is about the only game in town. My sig lists my equipment. I currently have a Pioneer Blu Ray Combo Drive, BDC-207DBK. Which version can you guys recommend? I mainly will use it with Make MKV to back up my DVD and BluRay discs.
Thanks
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: BluRay software Win 10
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 04:50:00 am »

If you are backing up your BDs using MakeMKV then MC will play these just fine.  No need for other SW like PDVD.
JRiver CEO Elect

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:01:08 pm »

I am using Make mkv to back up my discs. Problem is since I upgraded to Win 10 my Pioneer BDC-207D will not play any DVD's or BluRay's. When I try to back them up they try to load but I get a message no disc. I tried to update the drivers but still no go. I am beginning to think my DVD player is bad, I have not used it for about 2 years. I just tried to play a Cd and it also would not play so I think I will get a new BluRay player.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 07:54:57 pm »

Turned out my BluRay player is bad. I ordered and just installed a Pioneer BDR-211UBK UltraHd player. It came with CyberLink Media Suite 10 software that I will probably end up not using. I will only be using the HTPC to back up my BluRays using MakeMkv so I really have no need for it since JRiver can play DVD'S and BluRays if needed. I have backed up two DVD's and am in the process of backing up a BluRay right now. It has two titles on one disc so it is taking some time.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 10:13:32 pm »

I have PowerDVD 16 (or 17?) on my HTPC because MC can't show Blu-ray menus, and sometimes I want to view the extras on a Blu-ray, which requires the menu, but I don't want to rip the extras and save them to my HTPC.

It is very annoying software, particularly as I use it rarely and every time I do it needs an update, and usually more than one, before it will play a recent Blu-ray. The latest update wouldn't even play a Blu-ray while DVDfab was running.

If you aren't going to use it but have installed it, uninstall the Media Suite 10. That is old, with the current version being 15. It will give you no end of trouble and propose upgrades continually. I installed the Media Suite (7, 8, or 9) that came with my Pioneer and it was near useless and needed special updates just to play any Blu-ray. Better to buy the latest version of PowerDVD, but at one of their discounted sale prices, rather than keep that rubbish.

Strange that you Pioneer drive died, although I guess it does happen. My old Pioneer BDR-208EBK drive is still doing fine, and I don't think it was much of an update from your BDC-207DBK.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up