INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests: Theatre View  (Read 1205 times)

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature Requests: Theatre View
« on: December 31, 2017, 11:05:10 am »

Sometime ago I recall seeing something about a possible overhaul of Theatre view. Will this get some attention in the near future?

MC seems to have so many things covered, but I'm sure there's plenty of mileage in improving theatre view without reinventing the wheel. It has really powerful sorting tools (once you get your head around all the options) but the GUI feels a bit claustrophobic and unfinished at times.

Things I would really like to see for cover art handling (especially after years of WMC usage):
- Option to remove strange grey backdrop in 3D walls - looks like a bad artifact tbh
- Option to remove rotation of cover art in details view
- Option to change cover spacing, cover size and number of rows in 3D walls
- Option to remove elastic/floating effect (a 2d option I guess)
- Page Up and Page down also for horizontal (not just vertical) scrolling
- Fix issue with cover art that does not have exact required aspect ratio (animations are jerky - seems to be because covers get resized post animation)

General
- Shortcuts for +/- audio delay offset (for fine tuning during setup and the fact that some releases need some adjustment)
- Option to change order of OSD items using cursor (e.g. show progress bar first instead of Playing Now etc.)
- Option to remove/change shadow on text
- Better text antialiasing (WMC seems to beat every MC out there in this respect)
- Home shortcut to go back to top menu
- Back button returns all the way to top menu whatever prior navigation took place

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Requests: Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 04:13:14 pm »

bump

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 03:59:47 pm »

Bump again - seriously, does no one think at least the grey backdrop makes things look glitchy and amateurish for no apparent reason?

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 11:17:52 am »

It has been brought up quite a bit but hasn't gone anywhere.  You are not the only one who would like to see changes.  To be honest the coverflow is probably on par with the best of what is out there but the graying effect with a theme applies is really bothersome.  I've brought it up and I have seen a few others bring it up as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up