INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB2 and the new iPod  (Read 844 times)

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
USB2 and the new iPod
« on: June 19, 2003, 06:33:30 am »

Hey all (especially SteveG),

Anyone tried using the new USB2 cable to connect your 3G iPod?  Can anyone tell me it works?

I have been watching the support boards on Apple's site and some people have been having problems, some successes tho.  But, none of them use MC, they just use the crappy stuff (MusicMatch).

Anyone tried it?  If I do not have a FireWire connector (just USB2) on my laptop am I gonna have problems?

Thanks, all.  I'm still getting excited about finally owning one of these gadgets...

Dan "da Man"

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: USB2 and the new iPod
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 06:47:35 am »

Hey all (especially SteveG),

Anyone tried using the new USB2 cable to connect your 3G iPod?  Can anyone tell me it works?

Dan,

I just bought the cable yesterday and tried it. It seemed to work successfully and the eject function within MC worked as well. iPod Manager detected the connected iPod too. But, a short while after I synchronized, I tried using my iPod and it wouldn't turn on. I had to reset it in order to get it to work. I'm not sure if it is coincidence or not as it seemed to work fine after the sync.

I think it should work for you and the cables should be in the Apple stores as that is where I got mine.

Also, FWIW, I bought iPodSync (Syncs Outlook with the iPod) and tried it on my office laptop with USB 1.1. Worked like a champ with no drivers installed at all.

Hope this helps.

// AJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up