INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics Upload  (Read 2671 times)

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Lyrics Upload
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:50:52 am »

Hi

I am planning to get some lyrics into my Albums

I see the lyrics tag and see , to my embarrassment that it shows in JRemote on the info section !!

Is there any way top "bulk" upload lyrics , or is the inevitable copy and paste from source web site ?

Lazy (or is efficient) as ever

Mike

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

MikeO

Re: Lyrics Upload
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 07:34:26 am »

Thanks for that , its even easier than I thought ...

I downloaded https://www.mediahuman.com/lyrics-finder/ (A freebie)

I use 2 screens (retired developer !!) , with JRiver open on one and the Lyric Finder on the other . In Artist view I simply dragged the fan of "albums" across to the lyric finder left pane and it loaded the tracks and searched out lyrics automagically

Let it find the lyrics,
Right Click and Select All
Click the Pencil Icon
Then in JRiver Library Tools> Update Database from Tags

That's it that simple . So far the most I have managed is 1500 files at a time. I think there is a limit

But I can add Lyrics to my entire library in an afternoon -- WOW

Mike

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 07:38:24 am »

sweet hey
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

MartinW

• Recent member
  • It's better to burn out then to fade away
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:02:26 pm »

Hey Mike,
just saw youre post and tried the software.
Works astoshining good. But I did it with another SW (MusicBee) where its easier to ste up a playlist with songs with missing lyrics.
And I tried over 3.500 songs at once, take a time, but works. So in 6-8 charges I checked the whole tracks.
Great SW.
Thanks Martin
-------------------
AVM Pre-Amplifier V30, AVM Mono Amp M30, Dali Rubicon 8, Thorens TD160 MK II with Hana SH, Merason Frerot DAC, Expsure CD 2020, Focal Spirit Classic
-------------------

MikeO

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 11:11:45 am »

Hi Martin

sorry for delay , just back from hols in Darkest Africa with NO 3 G, some bits are still very dark ....

I'll have a look at that and see how it compares

Cheers

Mike

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 09:13:20 am »

Thanks for this software suggestion.
Most of the time it seems to work, but sometimes the 'pencil' icon is not there and the lyrics do not transfer.
I did my Bob Dylan albums complete and Highway 61 Revisited lyrics did not transfer. Trying that album alone showed the lyrics but no 'pencil'. There may be others too.

So easy on the ones that do work, though.

Ferdi

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 11:10:00 pm »

I use MediaMonkey for finding and syncing lyrics, with a plugin called Lyricator. That plugin can access various sites for lyrics (some are very slow, some fast - depending on the calls they allow). I think both is available with the free version of MediaMonkey, though I have a license so I can build smart playlists to further simplify the process (e.g., songs without lyrics, last added on top), and because they deserve a living, too.

That, and the possibility to sync music to my iPhone, are the only two reasons I use MediaMonkey. JRiver beats MM in all other disciplines. Just saying  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up