INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [23.0.91x64; Issue] Annoying particle problems  (Read 807 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[23.0.91x64; Issue] Annoying particle problems
« on: February 03, 2018, 05:31:05 pm »

Sometimes, after I create particles, either one at a time through MC's built-in content menu, or in bulk via Chapterfy, they fail to play immediately afterwards, claiming that the file cannot be found. Exiting MC, closing media server, and starting everything back up causes said particles to be removed (I assume, because MC thinks that they're broken links).

In addition, using Rename, Move, and Copy Files... on files with particles sometimes causes those particles to either break, or for their metadata to change.

Sometimes, I'll find particles randomly missing!

This is beyond infuriating, because it forces me to re-do everything, especially when creating them in bulk. I don't know about you, but I do not fancy wasting my time doing stuff I've already done all over again for no reason.

What is wrong with the particle implementation? Is it an issue with the 64-bit version or something?

I am working directly within my server; there are no other devices making changes.

Caledonia

Re: [23.0.91x64; Issue] Annoying particle problems
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 01:26:42 am »

I have the same problem.  I create my particles purely within MC, I don't use Chapterfy or anything else to assist - and it happens time and time again, it seems so random as to when it will happen.

It's just taken me the best part of 90 minutes to finally get all 17 particles of a 70 minute show to successfully play.  Something that only takes 5 minutes to do if they work first time, which rarely happens - so you can get an idea how many times I've had to delete particles that won't play for this show, and do them until they finally stick and work.

I have noticed during particle creation that occasionally both the [filename path] metatag and the [filename (name)] metatag get various unwanted changes without me altering them.  For instance - in this particular case, the show I was working on was from 2017 and was in a folder that had '2017' within the name, but some of the created particles decided they would prefer '2027' for their folder name in the tag! 

When this happens the [filename (name) metatag] itself will often change as well (in a similar random manner - only  numbers get changed from what I've noticed at least) and then also get a '(1)' appended to the end.

It seems to me like the file is possibly locked or something whilst the tag changes are being made causing the above.

I love MC to pieces, its a dynamite piece of software for anyone who loves their music and keeping it organised and tagged, but I do hope you guys can crack this longstanding issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up