INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert format on imported SACD-ISO creates odd named files  (Read 947 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Convert format on imported SACD-ISO creates odd named files
« on: February 09, 2018, 09:08:27 am »

All,

Finally starting to play around with importing SACD-ISO files into MC. The import is fine, the tagging is fine and playback is really fine!

However - when I want to do a Convert Format on an imported SACD and have MC create "X" level of folder structure - I get some very strange filenames.

If I choose Convert Format (to FLAC) and have MC create 2 levels of folder structure AND the iso itself is stored in Windows with the folder structure as

Artist\Album\AlbumName.iso

the converted result ends up being:

Artist\Album\[Artist Name] - [Album Name] - (Track Num - Title).flac

I am at a loss to understand how this file naming convention is created

[Artist Name] - [Album Name] - (Track Num - Title).flac

Ideally I would like:

Artist\Album\TrackNum Title).flac

Is there somewhere in MC that one can define the resulting file name during Convert Format or is this odd naming convention baked in?

VP

RD James

Re: Convert format on imported SACD-ISO creates odd named files
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:42:46 am »

I don't think there's any way to modify the template that the converter uses to name files.
I always convert to a temporary directory, and then use the rename/move/copy tool with a custom rule to fit the rest of my library's naming conventions.

Vocalpoint

Re: Convert format on imported SACD-ISO creates odd named files
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 11:31:42 am »

I always convert to a temporary directory, and then use the rename/move/copy tool with a custom rule to fit the rest of my library's naming conventions.

That's what I am doing now as well. Just wondered if I could shorten the process a bit :)

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up