INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: History of recordings ??  (Read 1309 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
History of recordings ??
« on: February 12, 2018, 01:30:00 am »

Hi all, just wondering if jriver keeps a history/record in database of recordings so when deleting a recordings it remembers what it has recorded in the past to prevent repeat recordings even if the file has been removed because i need to start making room (need space for more recordings) hence i ask first lol before the scary delete goes ahead , dont want to record the same show over and over lol. i know windows media center keeps a history or track if you like of the recordings and knows its already recorded so you cant delete the file and it wont record the repeat coz it's still in the history or database

many thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: History of recordings ??
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 01:53:01 am »

MC certainly keeps a record of TV Shows that have been deleted, in the "Removed" database. It keeps all the data required to decide not to record a program again; Series, Season, Episode, Name, Description, Channel (Artist), etc.

You can see that information using a SmartList with rules to select [Media Type]=Video and [Media Sub Type]=TV Shows and Movies, then add a modifier to restrict the results to the "Removed" database.

I believe that information is used in determining if a program should be recorded in the future or not. I'm pretty sure that Yaobing confirmed that in the past. If you search hard you may find the reference. Oh heck, here you go: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,73561.msg745825.html#msg745825
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 03:33:41 am »

Hi,RoderickGI many thanks for your reply and thank you for your info

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 12:00:11 pm »

Yes, if you use the option "do not record shows that have been recorded in the past" for a subscription, MC will check your current library as well as the "Removed", to determine whether to skip a show.  Use the option with care though.  You should use it only if each episode has a distinct set of properties, such as Description, Name, Episode number etc., otherwise you may end up missing recordings.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up