INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unwatched recordings shown as part watched  (Read 3766 times)

Fangio

• World Citizen
Unwatched recordings shown as part watched
« on: February 14, 2018, 01:49:47 pm »

This happens when I set two consecutive programmes on the same channel to record. When both recordings have finished, the second (later) recording will sometimes show as being part watched, anything from around 10% to 65%.

It happens around 50% of the time, and appears to occur more frequently when the second recording is shorter than the first. Annoying when it’s a sporting event, and playback starts halfway through :)

Recording in JTV, 23.0.100 32Bit

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unwatched recordings shown as part watched
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 03:57:54 pm »

I see that as well.

The 10% I put down to the setting;
Options > Television > Recording > Bookmark recordings at program start time instead of recording start time.

When greater than 10% I'm never quite sure, but it could be because I have had two consecutive recordings, and the padding from the first is taken as having watched part of the second.

It is a little annoying sometimes as it looks like I have watched a program when I have not.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 07:03:52 am »

Did you watch the first recording while the second was still being recorded?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 08:13:27 am »

Did you watch the first recording while the second was still being recorded?

No. Initially I thought this may have been a factor, so I have been deliberately setting recordings and then leaving MC alone until all recordings have finished.

I set 4 pairs of consecutive programmes to record earlier today with padding set to zero, and all recordings show correctly as unwatched.

My default padding is 2 minutes at the start, 5 minutes at the end.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 10:36:59 am »

I am doing some testing.  So far one pair of half-hour shows finished and neither have "watched" marked.  Still waiting for the one-hour show pair to finish.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 04:22:41 pm »

I'll have to see if there is a pattern to the issue on my HTPC. I haven't really tried to diagnose this one. Not important enough to me.

But I will note that my default padding is 10 minutes at the start and 30 minutes at the end, which is often quite a chunk of the following program.

PS: I just had a quick look, and all examples of a watched percentage showing that I have at the moment are consistent with the start padding divided by the total recording time (Start + End padding + Program length).
i.e. A 30 minute program with 10 + 30 padding; 10 / (10+30+30) = 14%

I don't have any large watched percentages for unwatched programs at the moment.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 10:35:44 am »

I also have some unwatched recordings which display the watched tick in Theatre View, but don't show any watched percentage.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 05:15:59 am »

I am doing some testing.  So far one pair of half-hour shows finished and neither have "watched" marked.  Still waiting for the one-hour show pair to finish.

Any thoughts?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 08:26:56 am »

Still no clue.  My limited tests did not result in any odd behavior.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 01:51:47 pm »

I'm still seeing the problem. Is there any more info I can provide?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 01:53:36 pm »

What do you see in standard view?

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 02:37:44 pm »

Do you mean here?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 07:37:55 pm »

Yes.  So "Ripping Yarns" recorded on the 20th was marked 19% watched but you did not watch it.  It looks like it does not happen to all recordings.  Can you think of something special about this particular recording?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 08:33:08 pm »

I will keep an eye on this issue.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 05:12:46 am »

Yes.  So "Ripping Yarns" recorded on the 20th was marked 19% watched but you did not watch it.  It looks like it does not happen to all recordings.  Can you think of something special about this particular recording?

Tag info for the "Ripping Yarns" file shows the following:
Number Plays: Blank
Skip Count: Blank
Last Played: "never played"
Last Skipped: "never skipped"

I have more unwatched recordings which show as being part watched, and they all have the above tag info.

This doesn't happen to single recordings.
It only happens to a chain of 2 or more consecutive recordings on the same channel when padding is applied.
It doesn't happen every time a recording chain is set, around 40% currently. I don't know what makes them "special".
It usually happens to the final recording in the chain, but I have one example when it happened to the first of a pair.

Thanks for your help with this.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 04:02:12 pm »

I see three consecutive Ripping Yarns recorded.  Each seems to be 40 minutes long.  So your padding is 7 minutes.  How much of the 7 minutes is pre-padding, and how much post-padding? (nevermind, I see your previous post - 2 and 5 minutes.)  If you go ahead with playing the recording that is marked 19% watched, does it start at the right time (program start time, i.e. x minutes into the recording, where x is your pre-padding value)?

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 04:44:33 am »

No, it started at 9 minutes in.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 02:26:32 pm »

Could it be related to the time-shift value? I have it set to 2 hours / do not save on stop. The third "Ripping Yarns" would have taken the total recording time beyond 2 hours.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 08:07:37 am »

Could it be related to the time-shift value? I have it set to 2 hours / do not save on stop. The third "Ripping Yarns" would have taken the total recording time beyond 2 hours.

It is unlikely to have affected bookmarking, but I will take that into consideration.  Do you record in JTV or TS format?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 12:58:49 pm »

I am still trying to reproduce it but so far have no luck with it.  Does it matter whether the recordings are part of a subscription or just an assemble of one-off recordings?

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 02:00:24 pm »

It happens to subscriptions and strings of one-off recordings - JTV by the way.

I can reproduce this by setting a string of consecutive 1 hour programmes to record. So far in my limited trials, the second recording in each string always shows as 13% watched.

I also tried setting the time-shift value to 10 hours, and recorded a string of three 1 hour programmes. All showed as unwatched.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2018, 09:50:51 am »

I experimented further with the time-shift value. Recording a string of consecutive one hour programmes gives the following results:

2 hour time-shift: the second (of four) recording shows 13% watched.
4 hour time-shift: the fourth (of five) recording shows 13% watched.

I wondered if it might be unique to one pc, but I can reproduce this behaviour on another.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 09:56:30 am »

I can reproduce it now.  It does relate to time-shifting window.  When the accumulated time of all consecutive recordings are larger than the time-shifting window, the ones that go over get messed up (only the bookmark).
Pages: [1]   Go Up