INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver - network -diskstation - usb dac  (Read 1631 times)

ray150

JRiver - network -diskstation - usb dac
« on: February 16, 2018, 11:25:31 am »

Hi all,

I am wondering if this is possible ?

We have jriver on a laptop connected to the network via wifi, we have a synology diskstation with usb ports in the back and a exposure usb dac in the back of that.

Our problem is we cannot get this set up working using jriver directly through the network.

We can get this working using the synology audio station app, the diskstation and dac work fine and play music.

But we just cannot get it working using jriver, is it possible to have an audio source play through the network or does it only support usb dac ?

Thanks very much for your help.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver - network -diskstation - usb dac
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 11:38:24 am »

I think you would need to run a UPNP / DLNA renderer application on the NAS. Then MC could browse the library on the NAS via a file share, and push the track back to the renderer on the NAS. It would be a bit weird because the traffic would be pulled from the NAS and then pushed back to it, so requiring double the bandwidth; it wouldn’t be a problem on Ethernet, but might be a problem on WiFi..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

ray150

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 01:21:47 am »

Ok thank you, if it is playing over dlna is it going to output at a high bitrate for flac or other high end files  or will it compress the sound a bit ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 08:13:17 am »

It depends whether the server is converting the files or not.  When you use MC, it can be set to "Original".  Tools > Options > Media Network >  Add or Edit Servers.

ray150

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 01:07:30 pm »

I don't think we want to convert them in any way just play raw high quality files through the dac in the way mentioned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up