INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to sync Library Views from client to server  (Read 1190 times)

ipta

• Recent member
How to sync Library Views from client to server
« on: March 03, 2018, 02:11:43 pm »

Is there a way to sync customization and new library views from a client to a server?

For example: if I create a new library view on a client, then click "Sync Changes with Library Server", close the client, and reopen it my new view is gone.

This thread regarding MC17 has the work around of creating the view on the remote server but as they suggest being able to create the views on the client and push to the server would be less cumbersome. (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,75402.msg511051.html)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: How to sync Library Views from client to server
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 03:42:50 pm »

I believe you need to have Authentication on along with Media Network and auto sync with server in client server
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

ipta

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 04:19:44 pm »

I have "Use Media Network" enabled on the server.

I add the server to the client with the Access Key. I'm then prompted for a username/password. I type in the admin user/pass (not the read only user/pass).
On the client under Media Network > Client Options "Auto sync with server" is enabled.

The client is syncing changes with the server when I update field values on the client just fine but if I create a Library View on the client and "Sync Changes with Library Server" the new view is still not pushed to the server.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 05:42:39 pm »

The client is syncing changes with the server when I update field values on the client just fine but if I create a Library View on the client and "Sync Changes with Library Server" the new view is still not pushed to the server.

i think that is normal behavior. Tagging on a client works, but setting up a Library View on a client isn't going to work. You have to set that up on the Server, then it will get sent to the client (next time you close/open the client). Same with Cover Art - must be done on the Server.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]
Pages: [1]   Go Up