INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request for MC24: Support for External Audio Track Playback  (Read 936 times)

aproc

• Junior Woodchuck

Like MPC-HC supports playback of an external audio track (e.g. .mka file) for any video file or disc, I wish JRiver supported that too. There are several Blu Rays I have which don't have the local language (Hindi) dubbed audio track. These tracks can be downloaded from elsewhere or extracted from a DVD disk. In MPC-HC, I can open the Index.bdmv of the Blu Ray and the local ripped audio track together, and then can switch between English and Hindi audio tracks easily.

I have requested for this feature previously too, but did not get a reply from any developer. I hope my request gets accepted for MC24 this time.

aproc

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Request for MC24: Support for External Audio Track Playback
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 03:12:47 am »

Bump.

aproc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 03:16:05 am »

I see that JRiver already has support for External Subtitle Track (Sidecar Subtitles). It can also pickup an external Subtitle Track if the subtitle filename is the same as the Video filename. I was just looking for the same functionality for External Audio Track.

take_five

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 05:45:23 am »

I support the request, very strange that this is missing

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 06:50:43 pm »

You might consider using an external application to insert your other audio track into the video file.  Presumably you will want to do this every time you watch this movie.  So wouldn't it be even better to have it be part of the file to start with?

MKVToolNix can easily do this for MKVs.   Then the audio track will permanently be a part of the movie file.

Brian.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 07:23:39 pm »

Off topic:

WOW. blgentry welcome back.....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up