INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunrer Problems in Versions 9.x.x  (Read 868 times)

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
Bunrer Problems in Versions 9.x.x
« on: June 17, 2003, 12:13:44 pm »

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who has a clue (or having the same problems) as listed below:

1.      Version 9.0.xxx (xxx greater 084!!): on a plain SCSI machine, the burner is not
recognized any more after rev .084. I know, there was a similar problem with MJ
8.xx, but lately, it was solved. I posted it several times, but it is still there, even in
version 9.1.xx
2.      On another machine, the atpi-burner is recognized, but audiofiles created on the
pc causing read errors in the first 2 blocks of the audio file. After skipping these
two bad blocks, the file plays fine. This problem doesn't show up on Audio Player
and, I don't now why, on every computer (maybe, it has something to do with
ECR). Burning an audio cd on this computer with RealOne player creates an
audio cd with no problems.
3.      Finally, with version 9.1.200, the first time I saw someone else (Matt) having
problems erasing an CDRW. On my system, the approach to erase a CDRW ends
up with locking up my burner requiring a reboot to free it. I tried Nero Burning to
erase this disk --> no problem!

Also, it would be nice to know, whether someone can reproduce this bug or it is still in
the need_to_do_list.

Media Center Registered 9.1.200 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1736 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 18 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 /
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read
speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  
Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: ATAPI    CD-R/RW 48X16      Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  
Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Thanks for your attention

Udo
Udo

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bunrer Problems in Versions 9.x.x
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 12:36:39 pm »

I have nothing to offer--sorry!--but I am very curious about something.  When Matt explicited stated:

NOTE: CD burning may not work in this build -- at least it isn't for me.  Please wait for tomorrow's build if that could be a problem for you.

Why do wait until this particular build to post your CD burning bug?  ::)

Edit:  Just so there's no misunderstandings, I am not flaming you here.  My train of thought was along of the lines of no one will try to reproduce your bug (as you requested) with this particular build.  That's all.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up