INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 23 and Windows XP  (Read 1256 times)

cosmic ray

MC 23 and Windows XP
« on: March 11, 2018, 12:21:53 pm »

I have been running MC22 on my little XP machine and using JRemote successfully for a long time. I just upgraded to MC23. It works fine on the XP machine via VPN, but JRemote cannot connect, either via the usual access key or using the IP address. If I close MC23 and run MC22 (no restart, even) all is well. I know XP no longer supported, but can you provide any hints before I'm forced convert the box to Linux? (or do you have any advice on this option?)  I LOVE MC and especially how it runs with JRemote. I'm just trying to squeeze some more time out of the XP system.  Many thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 23 and Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 12:26:35 pm »

It's probably a firewall issue or similar, but double check the Access Key.  Turn Media Network off and back on to generate a new one.

Make sure you're running Media Server.

cosmic ray

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 12:52:12 pm »

JimH:

Thanks for the fast reply. I don't use MC's Media Server function. The XP box gets the music files from a network server and drives a DAC into the stereo amp. This all works just fine even with the upgrade to MC23 when I control the XP box and MC23 via VPN. I just cannot get JRemote to connect to the XP box when running MC 23. (JRemote still connects fine when I run MC22 instead of 23, even without a reboot in between.)

cosmic ray

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 08:52:22 pm »

Correction:  Sorry - I meant to say it MC23 works fine when I use VNC to control the XP box (not VPN)
Pages: [1]   Go Up