INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No search by Artist or Album on my Marantz 7703 Pre-processor  (Read 1058 times)

RalphBP

• Recent member
No search by Artist or Album on my Marantz 7703 Pre-processor
« on: October 29, 2018, 09:09:14 pm »

Hi all
I've now ripped most my CD library to a network server using JRiver. All working fairly well. I've got a few hundred albums ripped. I'd like to be able to search on my Marantz on Artist or Album. It seems that info is not populated on the Marantz. All searches turn up nothing unless I'm searching on song titles.  I assume that there is a way to have JRiver populate the info the Marantz needs to search on album or artist. It's interesting though because if I look under Music Servers/JRiverMC/Albums or /Artists on the Marantz the list is there. It's just that the search doesn't seem to use the same information.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ralph

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No search by Artist or Album on my Marantz 7703 Pre-processor
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 12:40:09 am »

It would help to know what the Marantz needs.  Check your files' tags for both Artist and Album Artist.

It's also possible that the Marantz works in one direction, but not the other.  Marantz could help.

RalphBP

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 04:29:35 pm »

Hi Jim
Thanks for responding. I'm trying to find that out. It looks like it gets populated in the "Manage Library Fields" under Options in JRiver. I've put in a support request to Marantz to see if they know anything. I may call them when I have a chance. In the mean time I'll keep looking around. Maybe someone else has conquered this.
Ralph

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 12:11:20 am »

The UPNP CDS::Search command has notoriously complex syntax, and almost every Control Point seems to use a different syntax variant. It might help the MC developers if you could do a WireShark capture of what the Marantz sends in its Search request and provide that info here. However it might also prove to be just too difficult..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 10:47:51 am »

The UPNP CDS::Search command has notoriously complex syntax, and almost every Control Point seems to use a different syntax variant. It might help the MC developers if you could do a WireShark capture of what the Marantz sends in its Search request and provide that info here. However it might also prove to be just too difficult..
A wireshark would definitely help.
A simple MC log may (or may not) help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up