INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My perfect display  (Read 675 times)

Marra

• World Citizen
My perfect display
« on: June 17, 2003, 06:19:04 am »

To change the subject from view schemes...

My perfect display would include the following :

Windowed Mode

1. All menu items except player controls to be "auto-hidden".  Repeat, shuffle, DSP controls at end of volume control.
2. Details of current song permanently displayed but right click ability to change what is actually shown.
3. Search bar auto-hidden and on same level as top menu.
4. Menus and search bar recalled by moving to that area (no need for click).
5. All bottom of screen menus and info also auto-hidden.
6. The "tree" is activated by a menu selection (eg "view" then "tree" , or even "tree" as a 1st option). The tree then also becomes auto-hidden. This is only possible because the tree is so much smaller now.

The end result is a "windowed" screen with images, track info, visualizations etc as selected.  Tool bar options to see "tree", properties, artist info etc only visible when activated. If playing music and doing nothing else in windowed mode you have a less detailed screen.  The option to view the playing list still exists.

Full Screen Mode

The song details and player controls are the same as in "windowed mode" - not the slim, ugly players control that exist now without any song details.  These are auto-hidden in full screen mode also.
There should be an option to view playing list directly from full-screen mode.

Make sense? It's late here and the wine is good but feed-back would be great.

Marra

Marra

• World Citizen
Re: My perfect display
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 07:04:18 am »

Also the tree should be able to be customized. Yes, the ability to remove those options that you don't use. This will make it even smaller again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up