INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: MO 4Media - remote control and player with Android TV & Android Auto support  (Read 145196 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Just to confirm, the download dialog says it will download 12 files and it only downloads 3?  Try to Force Stop the Download Manager first, and then Clear storage and Clear cache.  Do the same for the "Downloads" app.  Then restart your device and try downloading again.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

cncb

• MC Beta Team

v1.9.2 is available which fixes duplicate search results.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: MO 4Media - remote control and player with Android TV & Android Auto support
« Reply #652 on: February 05, 2021, 05:32:24 pm »

@cncb - Hendrik has the new Video Encoding calls out now.  Looking good in JRemote2.
JRiver CEO Elect

DJLegba

Re: MO 4Media - remote control and player with Android TV & Android Auto support
« Reply #653 on: February 05, 2021, 10:33:03 pm »

@cncb - Hendrik has the new Video Encoding calls out now.  Looking good in JRemote2.

The JRemote2 update still lacks simple fixes to date formatting in tags. No changes to truncated titles on the main display. Still can't show extras. Still doesn't integrate lookups from other services. MO 4Media still far superior for music.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #654 on: February 06, 2021, 09:10:38 am »

@cncb - Hendrik has the new Video Encoding calls out now.

I will take a look.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #655 on: February 07, 2021, 04:41:07 pm »

I am using MO 4Media on my phone to play music to via Bluetooth to various speakers and in my car using Android Auto and think it is a great application.  However, I have one minor annoyance.  Sometimes (more often than not) if I am playing music and receive an email (in Outlook for Android) the music pauses when the email alert sounds and I have to manually restart the music.  It doesn't always do this, sometimes the music resumes automatically.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any Android or MO 4Media settings I can change so that music always resumes after an alert?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #656 on: February 08, 2021, 07:54:59 am »

Does anyone have any suggestions for any Android or MO 4Media settings I can change so that music always resumes after an alert?

I didn't notice resume issues, but I enabled "No sound from notifications" in the Android Auto settings to avoid the distracting audible alerts.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #657 on: February 08, 2021, 07:59:36 am »

@cncb - Hendrik has the new Video Encoding calls out now.

I don't see anything public about MCWS changes so can't do anything with this just yet.  Edit: I see a new call in MCWS that might do autofps by default.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #658 on: February 08, 2021, 01:58:41 pm »

I didn't notice resume issues, but I enabled "No sound from notifications" in the Android Auto settings to avoid the distracting audible alerts.
I did think about doing that, but wanted to keep the alerts.  It's very odd.  Since posting here it has worked fine all day, resuming after an alert.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #659 on: February 08, 2021, 02:12:05 pm »

I don't see anything public about MCWS changes so can't do anything with this just yet.  Edit: I see a new call in MCWS that might do autofps by default.

Hendrik has introduced HLS Auto FPS, as well as the ability to select streams.  I'm not sure of what the calls are given the reference to "a new MCWS Video Streaming API" but it does look like HLS Auto FPS is the default now.

...As announced end of last year, this update adds the ability to select the audio and subtitle language when streaming video to your phone!
This feature requires Media Center 27.0.61 and HLS Video Streaming to be used - which is now the default for video, since its proven to be quite reliable and fast.

We're also introducing a new MCWS Video Streaming API in Media Center 27 to more easily offer better streaming features, and as a first step this now makes JRemote2 stream video in "AutoFPS" mode, and no longer converts all video to 30 fps, for a higher quality viewing experience!
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #660 on: February 08, 2021, 03:34:14 pm »

I'll document the API when I'm done with it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #661 on: February 10, 2021, 02:09:26 pm »

I'll document the API when I'm done with it.

Thanks.

rec head

« Reply #662 on: February 10, 2021, 03:27:23 pm »

I was one of the people that bought the subscription to MO4 and after the change to one time purchase I did not re-purchase. Mostly out of laziness because I always liked it.

Can anyone compare the current Android TV versions between MO4 and JRemote 2? Every so often I try JRemote 2 on the Shield and I never like it enough to use it for anything. My main concern is video.

Also, Plex is supporting Dolby Vision MKV playback on the Shield. Is that something that could be supported in MO4 or does the JRiver server need to support it too?

Ekpen

« Reply #663 on: February 11, 2021, 09:56:25 am »

I was one of the people that bought the subscription to MO4 and after the change to one time purchase I did not re-purchase. Mostly out of laziness because I always liked it.

Can anyone compare the current Android TV versions between MO4 and JRemote 2? Every so often I try JRemote 2 on the Shield and I never like it enough to use it for anything. My main concern is video.

Also, Plex is supporting Dolby Vision MKV playback on the Shield. Is that something that could be supported in MO4 or does the JRiver server need to support it too?
Hello:
How are you able to find JRemote 2 on the Play store ?
I did a search, I got ... by jriver is not available.
Thanks.
George.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #664 on: February 11, 2021, 10:47:09 am »

Might be possible with an update to the video player in MO (if ExoPlayer has added support).

Ekpen

« Reply #665 on: February 11, 2021, 05:54:52 pm »

Might be possible with an update to the video player in MO (if ExoPlayer has added support).

Hello:

Exoplayer 2.12 released September 2020 featured Dolby vision capability.
I wrote you asking if you will update MO.
You said "NO'.
Even Exoplayer 2.13 still supports Dolby vision.
Thanks.
George.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #666 on: February 12, 2021, 10:54:54 am »

Sorry, MO depends on other things that need to be updated before ExoPlayer can be updated, so I will try to do that whenever possible.

rec head

« Reply #667 on: February 14, 2021, 05:51:27 pm »

I can't connect to my library from my phone or Shield. I can connect on both devices using Jremote2 on my phone and MC for Android on the Shield. Any pointers?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #668 on: February 15, 2021, 07:48:45 am »

What error message is displayed when you try to connect from the Servers screen?  Make sure you are using the correct access key and credentials.

rec head

« Reply #669 on: February 15, 2021, 11:26:56 am »

Error: Connection Failure -- Could not reach the server. Please check the network connection and make sure the MC server is running.

I copied the server key directly from Jremote2. I have re-entered the password multiple times. Jremote2 is connecting quickly.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #670 on: February 15, 2021, 12:06:47 pm »

Sorry it is not working for you.  Please try restarting MC on your server and maybe reboot your device too.  If you still can't connect, then try the direct server address instead of the access key temporarily.

rec head

« Reply #671 on: February 15, 2021, 02:40:31 pm »

This server uses port 52198 and entering the 192.168.x.x:52198 worked. It connected so quickly I didn't believe it was connected.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #672 on: February 16, 2021, 08:15:05 am »

Sent you a PM.

rec head

« Reply #673 on: February 17, 2021, 06:35:32 pm »

Thanks for all the help.

Now to a different question. I'm trying to achieve UHD playback of my MKV's on the Shield. Using MO I am having problems with UHD movies. They play for about 30-50 seconds then freeze. These same files play fine to my HTPC that is plugged into the same LAN switch. I'm trying to get MO to work because my HTPC's colors are off for some reason.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #674 on: February 18, 2021, 08:25:46 am »

Are you converting the files for playback or direct playing?  It sounds like you are using ethernet so probably not a network issue.  Sorry, I don't have any UHD videos in my library but I think in general they are working for other users.

rec head

« Reply #675 on: February 18, 2021, 09:14:42 am »

On the server Video Conversion is set to Original.

Yes, wired network. The HTPC and Shield are plugged into the same switch. I have not had any bandwidth issues on the network.

I know other people are able to play UHD MKV rips with Plex and I'm assuming with MO too.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #676 on: February 18, 2021, 11:09:44 am »

Video Conversion is set in the MO Settings screen in Android TV so by default you are direct playing.  If there are multiple audio tracks, you might want to select a different one to see if that makes a difference.  Or disable subtitles if they exist and are enabled.  You can do this in the three-dot menu in the OSD while playing.

goberre

• Recent member
« Reply #677 on: February 22, 2021, 07:14:44 pm »

Hi cncb,
Great job with MO 4Media. Issues with Gizmo and Panel solved.
I would like to suggest it has a timer so I can set it to stop once I have fallen asleep.
Also when browsing Home\Audio\Artist (2650) or Home\Audio\Album(5179) an A-Z scroll facility would avoid the need to use the search or swipe multiple times to get to the Ws.
A question, is JRiver\Options\Media Network\Advanced\Customize Views supposed to control MO 4Media?
Thanks.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #678 on: February 23, 2021, 07:16:33 am »

I will consider adding some kind of sleep timer.  You can scroll quickly to a letter with the "Jump To" feature.  Tap the search icon at the top right of the list to access it.  Thanks.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #679 on: February 28, 2021, 08:40:28 am »

A question, is JRiver\Options\Media Network\Advanced\Customize Views supposed to control MO 4Media?

Sorry, I missed this question before.  Yes, this controls what you see in the Library browsing in MO.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

v1.9.3 is now available which has some minor changes and adds the optional use of the new video streaming api in MC27 when playing converted video in Android TV.  I don't know if it will do auto fps or be any different since they are not done with it and we don't know all the parameters yet but it is there for testing (see Settings).

Ekpen

v1.9.3 is now available which has some minor changes and adds the optional use of the new video streaming api in MC27 when playing converted video in Android TV.  I don't know if it will do auto fps or be any different since they are not done with it and we don't know all the parameters yet but it is there for testing (see Settings).
Hello:
I thank you for updating your app.
Well, another question or really a status on my earlier inquiry.
MO4media playing dolby vision video or mkvs via its own internal video engine.
Integrating Exoplayer within your app.
Thanks.
George.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Sorry, not yet.  I'll let you know when I am able to update ExoPlayer.

Ekpen

Sorry, not yet.  I'll let you know when I am able to update ExoPlayer.
Thanks, my friend.
You are the one making MC an interesting media center to use.
George.

DJLegba

This is a great app, and I use it all the time. I just got a car with Android Auto, so I've downloaded a few albums to use in offline mode. They've worked well when I played them on the phone just after downloading, but for some reason by the time I get around to trying them in the car the local files have disappeared. The album names are still there, but they all have zero files. The first time I noticed this I downloaded the albums again, but the files disappeared again. Am I doing something wrong, or is there some kind of "cleanup" setting somewhere that I should disable?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Maybe an unsupported format?

DJLegba

Maybe an unsupported format?

FLAC. They exist for a while and I can play them. I don't know when they get deleted from the phone.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

FLAC. They exist for a while and I can play them. I don't know when they get deleted from the phone.

I have experienced this too.  It seems to be an issue with the Android Download Manager where it auto deletes files that it thinks are "orphaned".  For me, it seems to occur during an Android system update.  I don't know if it will work, but I am thinking about trying to get around this by downloading to a temporary location and then copying to the final destination to try to break the link with the Download Manager.

DJLegba

I have experienced this too.  It seems to be an issue with the Android Download Manager where it auto deletes files that it thinks are "orphaned".  For me, it seems to occur during an Android system update.  I don't know if it will work, but I am thinking about trying to get around this by downloading to a temporary location and then copying to the final destination to try to break the link with the Download Manager.

Ah, thanks. There have been a couple of system updates recently.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Ah, thanks. There have been a couple of system updates recently.

It was suggested online that it auto-deletes a week after download and that renaming the files after download will work around this.  I will try that for the next release.

DJLegba

It was suggested online that it auto-deletes a week after download and that renaming the files after download will work around this.  I will try that for the next release.

I last downloaded just over a week ago and the files are still on the phone.

DJLegba

If the DLNA device you're playing to goes offline (eg you accidentally unplug it) and you try to resume playback or play something else the app crashes.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

If the DLNA device you're playing to goes offline (eg you accidentally unplug it) and you try to resume playback or play something else the app crashes.

Sorry, I only have a Denon AVR to test with and don't see this.  When I unplug the AVR during playback, the app shows the disconnected dialog and allows me to reconnect to the server.  When I reconnect to the server, the current playlist is cleared and it allows me to select a different zone.

DJLegba

Sorry, I only have a Denon AVR to test with and don't see this.  When I unplug the AVR during playback, the app shows the disconnected dialog and allows me to reconnect to the server.  When I reconnect to the server, the current playlist is cleared and it allows me to select a different zone.

It's happened to me a couple of times, but of course when I tried to reproduce the problem the app behaved as you described above. Oh well, still loving the app.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...

I've seen this happen before and the easiest way that I've found to do this is with a phone while playing music from a MC server to the phone. Either go outside of Wi-Fi range and back again or quickly turn off Wi-Fi on the phone and turn it back on while it's playing.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | Topping D50s DAC | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck

No sound coming out for BT connected speaker from tablet. Gizmo and Panel work.

Volume 100% on app and device.

Anything I can checkout?

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Anything I can checkout?

What type of audio file?

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck

Any audio file type. flac, mp4, mp3, dsf, etc.

BUT

I got it working. Appears to be problem in chair not in computer where I did not disable Battery Optimize when prompted.  :-[

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Any audio file type. flac, mp4, mp3, dsf, etc.
Media Network>Client Options setting is set for Conversion: Convert audio if necessary and Encoder: MP3 High Quality

MO uses it own conversion settings specified in Settings|Playback/Conversions|Conversions which you can set differently for Wi-Fi and cellular connections.  Maybe you disabled conversion in the app at some point and need to re-enable it?

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks. I edited the post above as I resolved it. :)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Up