INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Applying new license broke MC 23  (Read 1039 times)

dap

• Recent member
Applying new license broke MC 23
« on: March 20, 2018, 04:10:14 pm »

It now will only play about 25 seconds of any file, video or audio and then just stops, the play time bar stays at 26 sec and it just quits. IF I restart it continues for a few seconds then stops again. I tried reinstalling the old license and the problem persists.

I mucked around with the 2-3 of the options in playback from memory option after this problem started, otherwise no changes were made to mc23 settings other than changing the play back device.

Any Ideas?

DXdiag included if you wish to check it out:

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Applying new license broke MC 23
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 04:48:54 pm »

Do you have MC23.0.103 installed? If not, install that" https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114813.0.html

Did that fix it?

If yes, now apply the MC24 licence again, preferably but double-clicking the mjr file. Still all okay? Good.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 06:23:07 pm »

A licence couldn't do that.

Go back to basics- Disable memory playback, and select the Direct Sound output.
Does playback now start?

dap

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 08:09:42 am »

I just un-installed, saving all reg settings etc, re installed and didn't apply the license, works fine now. Will just ignore the license till 24 is actually released.

Thanks for replies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up