INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regarding syncing to handheld  (Read 1269 times)

Shike

• Junior Woodchuck
Question regarding syncing to handheld
« on: April 10, 2018, 07:18:38 pm »

Greetings,

So - it's finally happened - my iPod has hit capacity.  Looking at options to manage this, I was hoping there could be an ability to only allow music stored in one folder to sync while another doesn't yet both are pushed into the library.  It doesn't seem like that's the case unfortunately.

How do all of you manage your syncing when dealing with limited capacity?

EDIT:

I seem to have figured something out.  Removed the sync all audio under options, and use file browser to sync the folder (and sub-folders) I want.  That with auto-import to fix broken links appears like it should work to allow me to use folder management to decide what I want to sync at the top level down.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question regarding syncing to handheld
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 01:50:33 am »

How do all of you manage your syncing when dealing with limited capacity?

Get a bigger (possibly modded) iPod...

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 01:57:13 am »

You can make Smartlists for syncing, which you can make as smart as you want to select the content you want to sync over.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Ancipital

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 07:15:17 am »

You can make Smartlists for syncing, which you can make as smart as you want to select the content you want to sync over.

Yep, this is what I do- my music player mounts as two drives, even, so I have added a boolean field to the tags for whether they get synced to its external storage, or defaults to internal.

I also have a "donotsync" tag for stuff that doesn't need to go on my music player- like when I have multiple masters of an album, and don't need all of them in my pocket.

This makes it relatively easy to manage stuff going to the right place, and giving me a mechanism for reducing what will get synced when space is tight. The fact that 400GB microSDXC cards are a lot cheaper than they were is helpful though  ;)

(Sadly, MC 23 seems to have some issues syncing with my Android 8.xx Pixel 2 in the way it used to sync with my 7.xx Nexus 6, though- so I have to use external software to sync my AAC transcodes onto the phone, and can't be smart without wasting a lot of resources by making a separately pre-filtered transcode directory specifically for this device, which is a bummer.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up