INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature Request] Make Panel a Zone/ Whole-Home Audio...  (Read 797 times)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
[Feature Request] Make Panel a Zone/ Whole-Home Audio...
« on: April 11, 2018, 08:52:39 am »

Make Panel a Zone/ Whole-Home Audio

Please make it possible to set JRiver 24 Panel as a Zone.

With the development of ZoneSync and Zone Groups, this is the next logical evolution for your great platform.

I want to push music out to one or more Panel enabled devices on my wi-fi network while also playing the same music on my computer, synchronized. Then we could play to all our devices together. We could play audio on our computers, to our stereos, and through our smartphones (via bluetooth or headphone jacks) to speakers both indoors and outdoors, all connected via wifi!

Why is it so hard to do this one simple thing?

This would be huge and open up new markets for JRiver! There are many attempts to do whole-home audio, and it seems obvious that someone will get it right eventually. JRiver should finally make it easy and cost effective to do synchronized whole-home music and other audio, using Panel for simplicity and flexibility.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: [Feature Request] Make Panel a Zone/ Whole-Home Audio...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 08:59:20 am »

Panel is just something that runs in a web browser, I don't think it would offer us enough control to push playback to it (maybe that could be done in some manner), nevermind getting it properly synchronized. An actual client would be required there, like running MC itself.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
Re: [Feature Request] Make Panel a Zone/ Whole-Home Audio...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 09:04:39 am »

Hopefully there is a way to do it. If not, the Gizmo app or something like it could be used. Why is it so hard to play synced audio to phones and the computer/zones via wi-fi?
Pages: [1]   Go Up