INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube TV  (Read 2295 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
YouTube TV
« on: April 13, 2018, 04:49:51 pm »

I see that you have the option to use Youtube TV, and I have changed it in options to use the TV site, but I can't seem to make it work.  I have tried standard view, and theater view.  Both just go to the normal YouTube site...what am I missing?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: YouTube TV
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 05:23:08 pm »

you should be able to change the option to youtube tv then return to streaming/youtube and it will open youtube tv instead of usual youtube website

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 05:27:27 pm »

but it doesn't.  I set the option, went to theater view, and chose Youtube under video.  opens the normal YouTube site.  I then went to 'Streaming' in standard view, and chose Youtube, and it also goes to the normal youtube site.

I tried the normal stuff as well, restart the software, check to make sure the setting saved, etc.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 05:35:53 pm »

I just switched to YouTube TV and when I click YouTube under Streaming in the tree it shows the TV site.  Make sure you're using the latest version 24.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 05:36:51 pm »

so weird.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  I will try to remove my credentials from settings and see what happens.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 05:38:15 pm »

So, in the tab, it says 'YouTube on TV', but it doesn't seem to be the TV site.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 05:39:46 pm »

If I create a new website (tv.youtube.com), then it works in Standard View.  Hoping to get it to work in Theater View.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 05:52:08 pm »

I thought tv.youtube.com was the US only pay tv site as opposed to youtube.com/tv which is a 10ft interface for the standard youtube.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 05:53:08 pm »

Ah...maybe I misunderstood what the change was.  That explains it.  Now I feel dumb. 

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 05:54:23 pm »

Well...the 'New in MC 24' Thread lists the url as tv.youtube.com, which is the pay TV site, which is what I was hoping for.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 06:03:37 pm »

tv.youtube.com is different to YouTube.com/tv, which is what is listed in the thread you mention.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 06:05:19 pm »

I edited the thread to make clear whats actually happening. We wanted to expose an alternate interface to YouTube, ie. their 10ft interface, with the same content.
You could just add your own tv.youtube.com entry, couldn't you?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 06:05:59 pm »

lol...it says that now...it didn't say that 10 minutes ago!

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 06:07:40 pm »

;D  ;D

Always the way...

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 06:08:02 pm »

I edited the thread to make clear whats actually happening. We wanted to expose an alternate interface to YouTube, ie. their 10ft interface, with the same content.
You could just add your own tv.youtube.com entry, couldn't you?
Unfortunately no...I can add it, but then it complains that it's not a supported browser.  It's certainly not a huge deal, I can live without it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 07:44:24 pm »

Unfortunately no...I can add it, but then it complains that it's not a supported browser.  It's certainly not a huge deal, I can live without it.

Are you using the Chromium browser in MC, or the IE browser? You could try switching and see if the site accepts it.
"Options > Tree & View > Web Browser > Engine"

I can at least get to the front page of the site using IE, but I'm in Australia, so can't test beyond that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 07:06:02 am »

I still do not understand if you can view Youtube / tv in Theater Wiev mode or just in standard mode.

I still wanted to report a little problem. I installed MC24 on both the notebook and the htpc and in both I left English as a language. Strangely on the notebook the Youtube menu is in Italian (I'm Italian) while on the Hpc it is in English: is not it strange?

-E-

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 08:00:54 pm »

Are you using the Chromium browser in MC, or the IE browser? You could try switching and see if the site accepts it.
"Options > Tree & View > Web Browser > Engine"

I can at least get to the front page of the site using IE, but I'm in Australia, so can't test beyond that.

You can get to everything but the actual stream with Chromium... the video itself just presents a black screen.  Would be nice if this could work and enabled in Theater View... like - really nice. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up