INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlists do not respect track links when the Modifier SHUFFLE is invoked  (Read 563 times)

jonjski

• Recent member

I upgraded from MC 21.0.90 to 23.0.102 on 25 March, which upgraded to 23.0.104 on 15 April.  I upgraded to MC 24.0.15 when it became available on 16 April.  It is running on the same PC with the Windows 10 64 bit OS that I've been using to run JRiver MC since I purchased MC 19.  I did not upgrade to MC 22 in 2016 because my MC 21 library Smartlists when opened by MC 22 resulted in broken Track Links in all the Smartlists where I used the SHUFFLE modifier.  In MC 24 I find the same issue.

I have played with all the modifiers in various combinations and none of the resultant lists respects the existing links when SHUFFLE is invoked.  I have broken sets of existing links and reestablished them under MC 24 with no change in effect; the resultant smartlist does not respect track links when the modifier SHUFFLE is invoked.

I have reviewed all my settings in MC 21 and verified they are duplicated in MC 24.

I have reviewed all past posts and threads relating to Smartlists and their documented problems and corrections and there is nothing existing that identifies this issue or a correction for it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Would you be willing to send a library backup to matt at jriver dot com along with instructions about what's linked and what's not working?

There was a bug with complicated track linking not working but it should be fixed in the latest MC24.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

swiv3d

Had another look at this and did a smartlist Link Start > 0  Modifier Shuffle and the list presented in the smartlist screen is indeed random but when sent to the player they are all correctly listed with track links respected. The arrangement of sequentially linked tracks only occurs once the player receives the selected list of tracks.

jonjski

• Recent member

MC 21 and 24 library backups have been emailed as requested.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up