INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are my internet streaming stations in the tree? Or my schedule items?  (Read 558 times)

jeh14

• Junior Woodchuck

I created them under the old "Connected Media". Now I've upgraded to JRMC24 and there is no sign of anyplace in the tree where I might find them.

The "New in MC24" post says that the new "Streaming" node in the tree replaces CM, and maybe it does, but one other thing it's apparently done is to lose my previously-stored station settings - along with any way to access my previously-recorded-by-Scheduler streams. I have several dozen of those.

They're not lost completely, though. If I search for a keyword in one of their names like the station call, I do find an entry which if I "play" will play the station's stream... and I also find in the search results all of my previous recording from that station (fortunately I put the station's call in each recording schedule entry's "Name")... they're just nowhere in the tree, as they used to be.

Oh... I can find them by going to a regular view in the Audio tree that includes the "Filename" column and find all of the "files" that start with "http", but that hardly seems optimal.

I can't see how I can ever create new ones, either.

Speaking of Scheduled recordings, the upgrade also threw away all of my previous Scheduler settings. This is not a case of them being not-findable in the tree, as there is a "Scheduler" item under "Services & Plug-ins" just as before, only it is now empty. I had almost a dozen of them, and I did want to keep them, as they are all (or, rather, were) all repeating - set to record weekly 'casts from various stations' streams. This does not make me happy.

Fortunately they are not lost completely, as I do have another machine, not yet updated, that has them. Before I copy them all by hand (tedious at best), is there any way to copy the Scheduler settings from the earlier version of JR? 

jeh14

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Where are my internet streaming stations in the tree?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 05:02:26 am »

I found a workaround for the items that are apparently in the Library but with no heading for them in the tree: Smartlists!

Two lists, called "My recordings" and "My stations". Both are set to:
Media type is Audio
Genre is any - <empty> (one could pick Artist, Album, Track #, etc., as none of these are set to non-empty for the items in question... or many of them, just to be sure)
And finally, Duration is
   greater than 0 for "My recordings",
   equal to 0 for "My stations".

But I still need to recover my previous Scheduler settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up